./flow does not work - php error

Hey there,

I’m having a lot of trouble getting Neos running without any problems. I set up a complete new Bitnami Lamp VM in Virtualbox and I’m not even able to execute flow.

./flow help
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'TYPO3\Flow\Error\Exception' with message 'Warning: Missing argument 1 for TYPO3\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::__construct(), called in /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Object/ObjectManager.php on line 530 and defined in /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Core/Bootstrap.php line 85' in /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Error/ErrorHandler.php:80
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Core/Bootstrap.php(85): TYPO3\Flow\Error\ErrorHandler->handleError(2, 'Missing argumen...', '/var/www/neos/P...', 85, Array)
#1 /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Object/ObjectManager.php(530): TYPO3\Flow\Core\Bootstrap->__construct()
#2 /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Object/ObjectManager.php(201): TYPO3\Flow\Object\ObjectManager->instantiateClass('TYPO3\\Flow\\Core...', Array)
#3 /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3 in /var/www/neos/Packages/Framework/TYPO3.Flow/Classes/TYPO3/Flow/Error/ErrorHandler.php on line 80

What’s wrong here?

Looks very odd, as somehow the Bootstrap class is newly created via the ObjectManager, which should never happen.
Also, the stack trace is a bit too short to see exactly what happens - so could you maybe take a look at the /var/www/neos/Data/Logs/Exceptions and check if there is any further information logged?

Otherwise one very wild and blind assumption could be some PHP cache that strips doc blocks.

There is no exception logged related to this error. Because this exception is uncaught?

I had no problem execute ./flow core:setfilepermissions bitnami daemon daemon but that’s the only working command.

The above error occures after set file permissions with the flow command. Then Neos works, but ./flow doesn’t. If I’m setting the permissions manually, ./flow works but Neos get’s an HTTP 500 Error.

So, how do I know which permissions are needed?

At the moment I can run ./flow as super user.