as I already mentioned during my NeosCon 2020 presentation, I’m looking for funding to get a stable new Media UI done this year and make it part of the Neos core in 2021 hopefully.
Then we can slowly deprecate the old one and have many more possibilities to improve the UX for the whole media handling topic.
I’ve been working on this now since January 2020 and released a first preview at the NeosCon 2020.
The initial plan was started during the Neos Sprint in Vienna late 2019.
Currently funding badges can be bought via the Neos funding platform (see Media Rewrite One Time badges) or if a direct funding for my work is preferred you can also contact me.
If the crowdfunding is not sufficient it would be helpful to get a partial funding via the Neos piggy bank. Of course that depends on other projects this crazy year and what we have left.
Besides funding for my own time, additional help with development of the GraphQL API, Apollo, React, etc. stuff is very welcome and would be a great help.
If someone invests more time and we have enough funding they of course should benefit from it too.
Released at NeosCon 2020.
- Select asset sources, tags, collections
- Filter asset list
- List and thumbnail view
- Search & selecting assets in module and inspector
- Assets uploads
- Changing asset details, tagging, assign collections
- Current view is mostly persisted in local storage
- Public GraphQL API
First stable version
Check the project board to view the current progress
Planned release together with Neos 6.0 release but compatible with Neos 5.3.
Actual release date depends on funding and dev support.
- Improve stability
- More automated testing
- Improved tagging and collection assigning
- Replace asset
- Usage lists
- Improve UX
- PDF viewer
- Manage collections and tags
- Things we realise on the way which make working with the module nicer
Estimate: 12.000€ (~50% of the time already went into the prerelease)
Current amount: 9900€ (82.5%)
- 900€ via official Neos funding platform
- 1500€ via direct funding to @sebobo (thx to https://www.visol.ch) -> introducing previous development, reviews, previous work
- 1500€ via direct funding to @dimaip (thx to https://www.visol.ch) -> Collection & Tag management
- 3000€ from the Neos core team budget 2020
- 3000€ general funding from Internezzo AG via Funding badges
- 1500€ via direct funding to @markusguenther (thx to https://www.visol.ch) -> not started yet
- 100h via direct funding to @sebobo (thx to anonymous) -> waiting for final final ok
Feature specific funding
Current amount: 2100€
- 400€ for bulk deletion from Internezzo AG
- 1700€ for filtering unused assets (related to asset usage stretch goal) from Internezzo AG
- Permissions - 2.000€ - Allows more fine grained control over privileges in the module
- Extensibility - 5.000€ - Allows adding and replacing components similar to the Neos UI
- New Primary Asset and image editor for the Neos UI - 3.000€ - Improved cropping, sizing, restrictions, …
- Focus point editor
- New variant tab & editor
- Faster asset usage calculations and UI integration -> affects Media package
- New collection / tag / folder system -> affects Media package
Feel free to ask anything