Problems starting neos setup

I’m trying to follow the instructions here:

https://www.neos.io/develop/download.html

I have set everything up as the page mentions, but my.domain/setup

shows a 404. Going to my root site shows a database error message.

I see the following errors in the exception logs.

I:

Uncaught exception in line 54 of /var/www/typo3/neos/public_html/neos/Data/Temporary/Production/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/TYPO3_Flow_Persistence_Doctrine_QueryResult.php: A table or view seems to be missing from the database.

II:

Uncaught exception in line 116 of /var/www/typo3/neos/public_html/neos/Packages/Libraries/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/DBALException.php: An exception occurred while executing ‘SELECT t0_.persistence_object_identifier AS persistence_object_identifier0, t0_.hostpattern AS hostpattern1, t0_.active AS active2, t0_.site AS site3 FROM typo3_neos_domain_model_domain t0_ WHERE t0_.active = ? ORDER BY t0_.site ASC, t0_.hostpattern ASC’ with params [1]:

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘flow.typo3_neos_domain_model_domain’ doesn’t exist

How can I fix this? I can’t start the setup until I do… the downloads page doesn’t mention anything about the database… I assumed that would be handled in the neos setup, which I can’t run.

Hi Stephen,

The Neos setup should do it for you but I also used to have the same problem before. What I did was to configure the database connection manually in Configuration/Settings.yaml

After setting that up, try to call the /setup again.

Cheers,
Visay

PS. Sometimes for new installation, I manually run this command in the terminal from your docroot:

./flow doctrine:migrate

This should generate default tables in the database. If not, I might have wrong db setting or the server is missing something so you have to read the systems requirements for Flow and make sure all are there.

I eventually got ./flow doctrine:migrate to work. Now my domain shows a message about missing homepage. I try to go to setup but it still shows a blank 404 page… are you sure all the instructions on the download page are correct? There is nothing else I have to do?

./flow doctrine:migrate
./flow site:import --package-key TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org

You should get a running site.

I usually can call /setup and everything works the same way as in the instructions on my local machine but I sometimes have the same problem as yours on a specific servers and I guess it could be a configuration of Web server / php which I never know but I actually don’t need to run /setup there.