Action required: New help desk solution, emails and drive

Hello everyone, it’s September 21st. Did you have a chance to check all important files made it to our new Nextcloud setup?

@daniellienert can you give us a quick update regarding the email server?

Here’s another important notice: Apparently you will also loose files stored in your personal Google Drive when we delete our Google Workspace organization!

Please log in with your neos.io user and check which files you still have in your personal Drive. Migrate those files to another Google account, if possible.

Here’s a list of users sorted by used storage:

For example, @christianm seems to have some files he should have a look at.

checked into mine, there was only one file in my personal drive at all (cannot tell how it could have used 3.5GB). I guess it adds up all the files that i had created in the conference folder mentioned by @sebastian

I had only a “Getting Started” PDF in “my” drive.

There is a Forms App for nextcloud

Concerning the replacement of Google Docs for collaborative editing: Out of the box nextcloud has a collaborative WYSIWYG-editor for MarkDown documents. And with Collabora online it would also be possible to collaborate on OpenDocument files, but I don’t know if this is included in the offer from punkt.de @daniellienert :slight_smile:

Yesterday I took the next steps toward migrating to the new mail server. Everyone owning a neos.io email address should have received an email by me, which contains their personal credentials for the new mail account.

@NeosTeam Tomorrow (03.11.2022) I will update the DNS configuration for neos.io so that new emails will end up in your new email accounts. You can still access your Google-based mail account until end of the month, but should start using the new mail account on Friday. Make sure to save or migrate any mails you might have in your old mailbox.

I will update credentials of the respective email accounts in Zammad. If you are aware of any other tool which might require an update, please adjust that and let us know in this thread.

I will report back tomorrow, when DNS is updated.

I updated DNS, so emails should soon arrive at the new mail server.

I received the mail but cannot login via round cube nor access via imap with the credentials in there.

NOTE:

You can log in and configure your neos.io mail box using this interface:
Postfix Admin - admin.mail.neos.io

If in doubt, this is also a good way to check if your password is correct (use your @neos.io email address as the username). You can also change your password there and configure your address so that emails are forwarded to a different address.

A couple of more comments:

1. https://mail.neos.io/ allows you to read your Neos mails online (in case you didn’t know like me)
  2. unlike written in the instructions, the IMAP username is not just the local part but the full email address
3 Likes

unlike written in the instructions, the IMAP username is not just the local part but the full email address

That solved my problem, thanks

1 Like

@NeosTeam I cancelled our subscription at Google and data is being deleted. You don’t have access to mail etc. anymore.

I’m not sure yet, if all Google Drive data will be deleted as well – we’ll see. But, most importantly, we won’t be charged anymore for Google Workspace and the transition of mail and files to our new services is done. :white_check_mark:

4 Likes