Code review process for pull requests

Hey together,

I’d say:

• “discussion” means one wants to get feedback on this
  • “WIP” means “Hey, I am working on this currently – not yet finished.” Changes marked as WIP should never be merged

Of course to me, both tags can be applied for PR. That’s what I’d suggest if you want feedback on WIP stuff @christianm.

All the best,
Sebastian

1 Like

Would work for me.

So far I have seen the “needs feedback” tag only for expecting feedback from the creator of the change, but “discussion” could work if we agree on this.

Yeah, I also understood “Needs Feedback” as the creator needs to give feedback. I’m also fine with using “Discussion” and “WIP” as Sebastian suggested.

2 Likes

Reading Creating a pull request the labels should be assigned by the creator of a PR, so “Needs feedback” being directed at the creator is weird IMHO. Also, any activity on the PR should be read and acted upon by the creator (why would one open a PR if she’s no longer interested in it?), so simply asking a question should be enough to trigger feedback. I didn’t even realize we have both labels. :slight_smile:

And “Discussion” is described as “PR is blocked by discussion” in that post, so it would be something else as well.

Ok, I just learned that labels can only be assigned by people having write access to a repository. So in a lot of cases that would not be possible by the author of a PR.