Debug/analyze Script ContentModule-built.js

Hello,
I hope, someone in Forum has experience with debugging/analyzing js-files from Neos, especial with the ContentMoudle-build.js. I have problem with loading-time in Backend for websites within a lot of Tag-Elements.

The Timeline from Google’s Chrome Dev-Tools show at least a long time for “Timer Fired” and “Function Call”.
Maybe I have to use an un-minify version of ContentModule-built.js to get more meaningful information from Timeline, then:

• Timer Fired (ContentModule.built.js? bust=a734faf43d5d:422) | Popup-Info: 35.05s (self 0.14s)
  • Function Call (ContentModule.built.js? bust=a734faf43d5d:422) | Popup-Info: 35.05s (self 0.74s)
  • and all the listed anonymous function (scripting(children)) with big time-consuming but without linenumber…

This area/scriptCalling is the most time-consumed element. There are a lot of others in the first 30 seconds of loadingTime. But first I will try to find the worst cause of the slowDown-bottleNeck, or Idle-time-trigger …

Could someone give helpful informations/advices? Hints if I’m on a totally wrong track are also welcome.

There’s a configuration setting called TYPO3.Neos.userInterface.loadMinifiedJavaScript you can set to false to enable easier debugging.

1 Like

@aertmann thank you!
And apologize the stupid simple question. But my backend for the particular website is such extremely slow, try&error is not cause nearly …
So, not to wait every time more than 2 and a half minutes for try a «different settings experiment» I ask in Forum:
Your [quote=“aertmann, post:2, topic:1271”]
There’s a configuration setting called TYPO3.Neos.userInterface.loadMinifiedJavaScript you can set to false
[/quote]
means this:

#root/Configuration/Settings.yaml

TYPO3:
  Neos:
    userInterface:
      loadMinifiedJavaScript: FALSE
  Imagine:
    driver: ...

Or do I have to set it in an other File or Configuration-context?

Sorry,
but how do I even try it, there is no change in Code of:
«Packages/Application/TYPO3.Neos/Resources/Public/JavaScript/ContentModule-built.js»

It is still compressed also with use of yaml-config like above. Try with same value in new created file under
«/Configuration/Development/Settings.yaml» within same configuration: has no impingement.

Can’t find any help with google or in forum, neither for

• how to use the

(maybe the yaml-setting above is totally wrong)

nor

• in wich file I have to use …

In Docu there are a lot of sub-files listed to define settings. Maybe I have to use the View.yaml.
Unfortunately there are a lot of information, of corse nothing about «loadMinifiedJavaScript» or «userInterface»-is-to-use-in-…

I have found in SourceCode also the class ShouldLoadMinifiedJavascriptViewHelper under
«/Data/Temporary/Development/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/TYPO3_Neos_ViewHelpers_Backend_ShouldLoadMinifiedJavascriptViewHelper.php»

Derived from this code, maybe for backend, I have to use an other configuration-setting-property? But I find no instructions on whether and how I have to use this.
A lot of possibilities to make something thoroughly wrong, without error-messages or helping instructions to get through.

###Question:
Could someone give a hint, where I can find information to, or as I use it correctly, so that ContentModule-built.js will not be compressed in Backend and outputs line numbers to better cope in debugging?

Hey,

so you can override the configuration setting in your own Settings.yaml and yes it is the one you mentioned. The result should be that the backend loads a lot of single files instead of just the one minified. So then you should be able to debug.

@christianm thanks: now it works.
The many Scripts were included.

But the countless of functions and the many dependencies, … are an (at least temporary) abandonment for my skills.

• each @ jquery-with-depenendcies.js:562 has Warning: Not optimized: Optimized too many times
    self time 3.11ms > Total Time 1.1min
  • create @ ember.js:15491 has Warning Not optimized: Inlining bailed out
    self Time 0 > Total Time 32.19ms but countless times from 10’000ms to 80’000ms from 90’000ms in total.
    Same for
  • _createEntityWrapper@NodeSelection.js:30 has Warning Not optimized: Inlining bailed out
    self Time 0.15 > Total Time 32.72ms but countless times from 10’000ms to 80’000ms from 90’000ms in total.
  • And so on …

Tooooo many nesting functions, warnings and too less knowledge to find the bottleneck – or maybe the thousands bottlenecks.

It’s just a gut-feeling, but the

• site (between the backend-editing tabs) is loading within less then 1 sec(fast and without problems/errors),
  • than there is a reeeaaaaally long pause … The Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari) seems to do nothing. Also the orange loading bar in the top has no move.
  • after this, it looks like the backend would get any push (until around loading-time: 78 sec [from total ~82sec]), the loading bar moves on and the tabs appears in fraction of a second.
    (when «Apply«-Button is used for save some changes: REloading-time: 134 sec [from Total ~137s])

Maybe there is only a small hook, where everything hangs/delays!?
But for me currently not solvable. Hope on updates from Neos, JS-Frameworks, …

Will probably be the culprit. I think we did some optimisations on that before… Need to check.

Maybe @dimaip has some insight here, he’s previously mentioned having issues with pages with a lot of content elements and Aloha initialization.

1 Like

Thank you @aertmann,
Probably the topic is named incomprehensible for this challenge. Maybe other neos-user (also @dimaip) have stumbled over the same problem and have found a solution/work around for it.
But not read about «ContentModule-built.js» or «speedUp Backend». Maybe is better to find for solution-helper and seeker (with same problem) under your notation «Problem with pages with a lot of content elements and Aloha initialization».