Question about Neos 9.0 beta 7

Hello

Who of you got the beta 7 to work? I’m really trying with a fresh install right now. PHP 8.2 and installation via composer. At first everything looks fine. Then when I want to create a blank page with the kickstarter, I get

php /httpdocs/flow kickstart:site
Please specify the required argument "packageKey": ICTpark.Hermes
Please specify the required argument "siteName": Hermes
What generator do you want to use? (0):
  [0] Afx Basic
 > 0
The argument "each" was registered with type "array", but is of type "string" in view helper "TYPO3Fluid\Fluid\ViewHelpers\ForViewHelper".

And when I import the demo package:

php /httpdocs/flow site:create neosdemo Neos.Demo Neos.Demo:Document.Homepage
Successfully created site "neosdemo" with siteNode "neosdemo", type "Neos.Demo:Document.Homepage", packageKey "Neos.Demo" and state "online"
php /httpdocs/flow cr:prune
> This will prune your content repository "default". Are you sure to proceed? (y/n) y
Done.
php /httpdocs/flow cr:import resource://Neos.Demo/Private/Content
Importing assets...
  Imported 10 Assets and 9 Image Variants. Errors: 0

Importing events...
Error: Importing events: Failed to read events. ContentStreamWasCreated is not expected in imported event stream.
Import stopped.

Everything else looks fine, but I can’t log in (too many redirects) and a page doesn’t seem to have been created.

Any suggestions?

Jan

As far as I know, the site kickstarter does not yet support Neos 9.
For now you’ll have to setup a site as described in the README.

That’s usually a sign that your cookies contain a session token that can no longer be validated.
Can you try again with a clean browser session?

1 Like

Yes maybe flow session:destroyall helps :wink:

There is a know bug of infinite redirects but its a bit more complex to trigger, so it should not be your case.

1 Like

I tried and also destroyed the sessions. But this didn’t help. I’ll now start from the scratch. Maybe my kickstarter-try did something bad…

1 Like

Okay, I tried again. Set up via docker. Create a site (without import, because this causes to the same error above). I’ll see a page without content (which I assume is normal). When I login to the backend I get an exception:

Exception in line 99 of /app/Packages/Framework/Neos.Flow/Classes/ObjectManagement/DependencyInjection/DependencyProxy.php: Neos\Neos\Ui\Infrastructure\Configuration\InitialStateProvider_Original::getInitialState(): Argument #2 ($co
ntentRepositoryId) must be of type Neos\ContentRepository\Core\SharedModel\ContentRepository\ContentRepositoryId, Neos\ContentRepository\Core\Factory\ContentRepositoryId given, called in /app/Packages/Framework/Neos.Flow/Classes/ObjectManagement/DependencyInjection/DependencyProxy.php on line 99

54 Neos\Neos\Ui\Infrastructure\Configuration\InitialStateProvider_Original::getInitialState(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, ContentRepositoryId|"default"|, Node|{"subgraphIdentity":{"contentRepositoryId":"default","contentStreamId":"ca5c5dc1-d334-4013-986f-3039…|, Node|{"subgraphIdentity":{"contentRepositoryId":"default","contentStreamId":"ca5c5dc1-d334-4013-986f-3039…|, Neos\Neos\Domain\Model\User)
53 Neos\Flow\ObjectManagement\DependencyInjection\DependencyProxy::__call("getInitialState", array|5|, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, ContentRepositoryId|"default"|, Node|{"subgraphIdentity":{"contentRepositoryId":"default","contentStreamId":"ca5c5dc1-d334-4013-986f-3039…|, Node|{"subgraphIdentity":{"contentRepositoryId":"default","contentStreamId":"ca5c5dc1-d334-4013-986f-3039…|, Neos\Neos\Domain\Model\User)
52 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController_Original::indexAction(Node|{"subgraphIdentity":{"contentRepositoryId":"default","contentStreamId":"ca5c5dc1-d334-4013-986f-3039…|)
51 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::indexAction(NULL)
50 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
49 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
48 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
47 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
46 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
45 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::indexAction(NULL)
44 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::callActionMethod()
43 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::callActionMethod()
42 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
41 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
40 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
39 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
38 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
37 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::callActionMethod()
36 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
35 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
34 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
33 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
32 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
31 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
30 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
29 Neos\Neos\Ui\Controller\BackendController::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
28 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::initiateDispatchLoop(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
27 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::dispatch(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
26 Neos\Flow\Mvc\DispatchMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
25 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
24 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\SecurityEntryPointMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
23 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
22 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\RequestBodyParsingMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
21 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
20 Neos\Flow\Mvc\FlashMessage\FlashMessageMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
19 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
18 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\PoweredByMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
17 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
16 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Routing\RoutingMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
15 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
14 Neos\Neos\FrontendRouting\SiteDetection\SiteDetectionMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
13 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
12 Neos\FluidAdaptor\Core\Widget\AjaxWidgetMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
11 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
10 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\SessionMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
9 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
8 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MethodOverrideMiddleware::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
7 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
6 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\TrustedProxiesMiddleware_Original::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
5 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
4 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\StandardsComplianceMiddleware::process(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest, Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain)
3 Neos\Flow\Http\Middleware\MiddlewaresChain::handle(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\ServerRequest)
2 Neos\Flow\Http\RequestHandler::handleRequest()
1 Neos\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::run()

HTTP REQUEST:
target: /neos/content
Host: localhost:8081
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0
sec-ch-ua: "Microsoft Edge";v="123", "Not:A-Brand";v="8", "Chromium";v="123"
sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0
sec-ch-ua-platform: "Windows"
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/123.0.0.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.7
Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin
Sec-Fetch-Mode: navigate
Sec-Fetch-User: ?1
Sec-Fetch-Dest: document
Referer: http://localhost:8081/neos/login
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br, zstd
Accept-Language: de,de-DE;q=0.9,en;q=0.8,en-GB;q=0.7,en-US;q=0.6,fr;q=0.5,pl;q=0.4,sv;q=0.3,ru;q=0.2,it;q=0.1,de-CH;q=0.1,fr-FR;q=0.1
Cookie: Neos_Session=6g5z09N2AHyfeBvQ7PLyLjg4mzfOBCWL

PHP PROCESS:
Inode: 152734
PID: 19
UID: 0
GID: 0
User: root

Would be great to get it run, but seems to be complicated for me right now :frowning:

Hi @jan82 ,

this sound like a bug or a dependency issue. We moved the ContentRepositoryId recently from

Neos\ContentRepository\Core\Factory\ContentRepositoryId to
Neos\ContentRepository\Core\SharedModel\ContentRepository\ContentRepositoryId

And this seems to be the issue here. Maybe we missed a replacement or didn’t update the dependency properly.

Could you please create an issue for this on Github?

Thank you

It seems there is a mismatch of Neos Ui and Neos.Neos

Please make sure that you have all dependencies on the latest beta or operate fully on dev-9.0x (which is guaranteed to work and possibly a little better as we do develop and work with this set of dependencies as core devs)

but

Neos ui 9.0.0-beta3 and Neos.Neos 9.0.0-beta7 should match