A written walkthrough for contribution to the Neos Flow Framework

(Soren Malling) #1

Hi,

I am in search for a written step by step of how to contribute to the Neos Flow Framework.

I can’t figure out the difference between flow-development collection and flow-base-distribution, the structure and what repository to commit to.

Once installed, I have the .gitignore file making it not possible to see changes to framework files (yes I can adjust the file, but is that the idea?).

Following the contribution to Neos CMS leaves me at the same point - so I’m kindly asking for someone with the knowledge and a running development setup to write a walkthrough.

As a show of gratitude and a prove that I got it setup correct, I will submit a PR for a chapter in the Neos Flow documentation about contribution :slight_smile:

(Christoph Köppel) #2

https://docs.neos.io/
(= ‘NOTversioned docs’)

… could this article help you ?
https://docs.neos.io/cms/manual/contributing-to-neos/neos-core

(Soren Malling) #3

Hi @chkoeppel

Thank your for the response but:

If a similar site exists for the Flow Framework ( I don’t use the Neos CMS product ) I will create the chapter for that instead :slight_smile:

(Christoph Köppel) #4

I doubt that a similar site exists for “Flow Framework” :grinning:
BUT, if the following place makes sense for the moment to place ‘your chapter’ … ?

Roland Schütz might give you access to the NeosDocs platform by the link on the bottom of that page …
–> Help Neos Grow (blue button ‘support us’)

(Soren Malling) #5

Right now I will like to get my code setup going - I’ve ben wanting to introduce a AccontInterface for a while, but I haven’t been able to.

If we should talk about docs, I will be more than happy to move the whole Documentation folder of the Neos.Flow package into docs.neos.io/flow so it gets its own namespace - and then write the chapter.

But one thing at a time

(Soren Malling) #6

This seems to have went off-topic - and the original question still remains.

Hoping someone will shed some light on it

Flow is still my favourite Framework to date that I’ve worked with!

(Alexander Berl) #7

Hey Soren, let’s get in touch and work this out :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for your offer to improve our lacking documentation in that part! Highly appreciated!