Acknowledgement for core feature supporters

Here are the new badges -> Supporter and Sponsoring Badges

I was just reviewing @gina’s draft article for the announcement of the new badges on neos.io (not published yet), when I stumbled over the levels for longtime supporters.

I have the following outcome from our discussions in Hamburg (Nov 2016):

The Designers have created Bronze to Diamond, the “Individual” one is not designed (yet). I thought I remembered a comment, who would deliver the 40h of support for the Diamond level. (imho this is solveable, if our foundation pays a fair hourly rate for the team member who works these hours - if we ever get a diamond sponsor :wink: ).

@lisa_sitegeist do you see big trouble with the free/discounted conference tickets?

@gina where did you take the amounts for Platinum and Diamond in your draft article from? Any concerns to using the amounts above (higher than in your draft article)?

Cheers
Tobi

hi tobias,

which numbers do u mean? i only see one typo: from 50 € to 1000 € per month. 1000 is wrong for sure. the rest seems to be right. and i do not really care if we go for annual or monthly numbers…
but maybe i oversee things, since it is morning ;-).
i totally agree on the numbers in the upper table.

regarding the hours i do not recall the discussion, i think i did not attend that part…

cheers

One little remark: I fear the 40 hours free support for diamond are hard to track and verify.

Hi @tobias

I don’t see a general problem with the free tickets, but I am not sure how it’s going to work with the “any other event”. Because I don’t know if someone already used their ticket for a Meet Neos or other.
There must be a list of Supporters (probably a google-drive doc) with an overview. And if someone wants a ticket for another event they have to give us an info so we can write it down?! Something like that.

Lisa

I also don’t recall having heard about the “x hours of support” before. I’m not sure how this should work out in practice, since I assume that this will require quite some organization: the Neos Foundation will legally commit to provide that service when someone buys the Diamond plan - what if we don’t find anyone who has time / wants to provide support, even if its paid?

From our experience here at Flownative, there are a couple of other questions to be answered:

• what’s the reaction time? hours, days, weeks, months?
  • will supporters be liable for any errors / mistakes? Or the Foundation? Up to which degree?
  • what topics are covered by the support?
  • how are the support tickets coordinated? Do we need a help desk for that and team members take turns to answer questions?

I think we’d be better off to either put something else into the package or include a voucher for support which can be redeemed at one of the Neos agencies, so they are responsible for all the above.

5 Likes

I’m all in for the voucher idea!

hey @robert, I totally agree with you, that the support hours idea will need some fleshing out. However, I personally don’t see a Diamond supporter for us in the near future. Your voucher idea sounds like a great shortcut to me!

We would help the Diamond supporter to find the right agency/freelancer for their problem. The agency makes the contract with the Diamond supporter and gets reimbursed by the foundation up to 40 hours of effort.

Probably still needs some thought, but is enough imho to go ahead with.

1 Like