a specific role of editors should only have access to one branch in the page tree.
A role should only be allowed to edit Page 2 and its subpages of the following tree:
- Site Home
- Page 1
- Page 2
- Page 3
- Add NodeTreePrivileges for the homepage && 1st level pages (excluding Page 2).
- Add NodeTreePrivileges for Page 2 separately.
- Add EditNodePrivileges for descendants of the home page.
- Add EditNodePrivileges for descendants of Page 2.
Editor: assign privileges 1, 2, 3 and 4
Page 2 restricted role: assign privileges 2 and 4
- When an editor adds a new 1st level page this will be visible (though not editable) for the restricted role.
- Cumbersome to setup.
- Add NodeTreePrivileges for all descendants of Home.
- Add NodeTreePrivileges for Page 2.
Editor: assign 1 and 2
Restricted role: assign 2
The restriction is set correctly for the restricted role but the page tree doesn’t show the Page 2 part of the branch.
Only show the Page 2 part of the branch