Argument #3 ($offset) must be contained in argument #1 ($haystack)

Hi,

i want to read a node property (integer) and i’ve defined the following:

limit:
      type: integer
      defaultValue: 6
      ui:
        label: i18n
        showInCreationDialog: true
        reloadIfChanged: true
        inspector:
          group: 'blogs'

the code:

prototype(myTasty.Vendor:Content.ListableBlogList) < prototype(Flowpack.Listable:PaginatedCollection) {

[...]
	itemsPerPage = ${q(node).property('limit')}
[...]
}

When i cange/set the value, i get the following error in the backend:

Exception in line 71 of /app/Packages/Application/Neos.Fusion/Classes/Core/RuntimeConfiguration.php: strrpos(): Argument #3 ($offset) must be contained in argument #1 ($haystack)

After some time/reloads, it seems the change of the value is working as it has an effect on the frontpage. Anyway, is there a way to prevent it?

Probably related: Issue 3541

Happens with Neos 8.3.3 / php:8.1-cli (docker)

Thanks!

Hi yes i stumbled upon a similar issue. In my case i forgot the content element wrapping (via Neos.Neos:ContentComponent.

Since newer php versions this error is thrown. Ill investigate how we could adjust this to be more gracefully.

1 Like

Good morning!

In general it is not a big deal, as the defaultvalue usually never got changed. But if it is the case it might be kinda confusing for the editors :slight_smile:

In my Tests the value got always changed correctly and the change was visible after reload

I could fix my problem with: BUGFIX: Guard that Fusion path cannot be empty by mhsdesign · Pull Request #4547 · neos/neos-development-collection · GitHub

you can use this as patch right now:

{
  "patches": {
      "neos/fusion": {
          "BUGFIX: Guard that Fusion path cannot be empty": "https://github.com/neos/neos-development-collection/pull/4547.patch"
      }
  }
}

via this composer plugin: GitHub - cweagans/composer-patches at 1.x

Hey @Marc,

i “hardpatched” it, without using composer but the error seemed to stay. When i look at the fix, it basicially just throws another exception, right? :smiley:

My full definition looks like:

prototype(Neos.Demo:Content.ListableNewsList) < prototype(Flowpack.Listable:PaginatedCollection) {
[...]
  itemsPerPage = ${q(node).property('limit')}
[...]
}
prototype(Flowpack.Listable:Pagination) < prototype(Neos.Fusion:Component) {
[...]
    renderer = Neos.Fusion:Collection {
        @if.paginationNeeded = ${(props.totalCount/props.itemsPerPage) > 1}
[...]
        collection = Flowpack.Listable:PaginationArray {
[...]
            itemsPerPage = ${props.itemsPerPage}
[...]
        }
	}
}

The Yaml:

'Neos.Demo:Content.ListableNewsList':
  superTypes:
    'Neos.Neos:Content': true
    'Neos.Demo:Constraint.Content.Main': true
[...]
  properties:
    limit:
      type: integer
      defaultValue: 6
      ui:
        label: i18n
        showInCreationDialog: true
        reloadIfChanged: true
[...]

Actually i’m not sure where to look out for the content element wrapping using Neos.Neos:ContentComponent. Do you think this could be missing inside Flowpack.Listable:PaginatedCollection? Because it just implements Neos.Fusion:Component instead of ContentComponent

Greetings!

Hmm, had the same issue yesterday while upgrading to Neos 9.0 and thought it was an issue in the newer release. Interesting!