I recently created an issue:
and followed that up with a PR:
Now there is a problem remaining that needs a decision to be solved reliably:
There needs to be a decision whether to prohibit the replacement for non-matching mime-types or whether to change the file extension on-the-fly.
- prohibit replacements
- change file extension
- do nothing