Exception with the ThumbnailGenerator

Hey,
It would be fine, if I can get some hints. I am using Neos 4.3. The page/system works fine so far.
After I called
./flow resource:clean
./flow resource:publish
most of the pictures are not available any more. It seems that the thumbnail generator has a problem:

Exception #1433109652 in line 49 of /var/www/vhosts/familien.xxx/urlaub.familien.xxx/Neos/Data/Temporary/Production/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_Media_Domain_Strategy_ThumbnailGeneratorStrategy.php: Unable
to generate thumbnail for the given document (filename: neos-1.2.0-deps-graph.pdf, SHA1: c0e682d8e660aa3f102d6269915c6a13fa69ed3e)

27 Neos\Media\Domain\Model\ThumbnailGenerator\DocumentThumbnailGenerator_Original::refresh(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
26 Neos\Media\Domain\Strategy\ThumbnailGeneratorStrategy_Original::refresh(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
25 call_user_func_array(array|2|, array|1|)
24 Neos\Flow\ObjectManagement\DependencyInjection\DependencyProxy::__call(“refresh”, array|1|)
23 Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail_Original::refresh()
22 Neos\Media\Domain\Service\ThumbnailService_Original::refreshThumbnail(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
21 call_user_func_array(array|2|, array|1|)
20 Neos\Flow\ObjectManagement\DependencyInjection\DependencyProxy::__call(“refreshThumbnail”, array|1|)
19 Neos\Media\Controller\ThumbnailController_Original::thumbnailAction(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
18 Neos\Media\Controller\ThumbnailController::thumbnailAction(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
17 call_user_func_array(array|2|, array|1|)
16 Neos\Media\Controller\ThumbnailController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
15 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
14 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
13 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
12 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
11 Neos\Media\Controller\ThumbnailController::thumbnailAction(Neos\Media\Domain\Model\Thumbnail)
10 call_user_func_array(array|2|, array|1|)
9 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::callActionMethod()
8 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
7 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::initiateDispatchLoop(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
6 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::dispatch(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
5 Neos\Flow\Mvc\DispatchComponent_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
4 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
3 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
2 Neos\Flow\Http\RequestHandler::handleRequest()
1 Neos\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::run()

Previous exception: Exception #499 in line 63 of /var/www/vhosts/familien.xxx/urlaub.familien.xxx/Neos/Data/Temporary/Production/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_Media_Domain_Model_ThumbnailGenerator_DocumentTh
umbnailGenerator.php: not authorized `/var/www/vhosts/familien.xxx/urlaub.familien.xxx/Neos/Data/Temporary/Production/ResourceFiles/c0e682d8e660aa3f102d6269915c6a13fa69ed3e-1687946917.9016-26638’ @ error/constitut
e.c/ReadImage/412

Do you have any hint, how can I solve this problem?

I called
./flow media:clearthumbnails

and removed the file “neos-1.2.0-deps-graph.pdf”
and the exception was gone.

But unfortunately the pictures were not displayed on the site. This problem has nothing to do with ThumbnailGenerator.

What should be done to display the pictures on my site?
Any hint is appreciated.

I had a similar problem once with the same pdf :wink: no pdf thumbnail generation Imagick · Issue #3373 · neos/neos-development-collection · GitHub

In general as yours seem like an own project it’s not helpful to have the neos demo installed/ or it’s assets imported.

Which image driver are you using? And I would look up details about the nested exception on Google;)

Previous exception: Exception #499 in line 63 of /var/www/vhosts/familien.xxx/urlaub.familien.xxx/Neos/Data/Temporary/Production/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_Media_Domain_Model_ThumbnailGenerator_DocumentTh
umbnailGenerator.php: not authorized `/var/www/vhosts/familien.xxx/urlaub.familien.xxx/Neos/Data/Temporary/Production/ResourceFiles/c0e682d8e660aa3f102d6269915c6a13fa69ed3e-1687946917.9016-26638’ @ error/constitut
e.c/ReadImage/412

Hi Marc, thanks for this hint.
image driver? Do you mean Neos.Imagine? This package has the version 3.1.1

Anyway, I found the root cause of this problem (it was in the front of my pc :wink:)
I ran the commands which I mentioned above as root. Finally the pictures have got a wrong permission.

I ran the commands as the correct user and the pictures were displayed again.