Extend f:render to pass HTML-snippets as arguments

Hi Guys,

sometimes I would like to pass HTML-snippets to partials as arguments. The idea is to extend the RenderViewHelper to be able to use childTags each for a single argument. See the following example:

<f:render partial="PartialName" section="SectionName" arguments="{foo: 'simpleStringStillPosibleHere', bar: fluidVariableStillPossibleHere}">
    <f:argument name="baz"><div>This is just a <b>simple snippet</b> to demonstrate the idea. Within the partial it is accessible as variable <i>{baz}</i>.</div></f:argument>
    <f:argument name="foo">Question at this point: What happens if the same variable is used again? Overwrite, throw Exception, or something else?</f:argument>
</f:render>

What do you guys think? If you like this feature, I would love to implement it and create a pull request. How is the correct process for thinks like that? Do I or somebody have to create an issue somewhere (in Jira).

Regards
Vaci

Hi Vaci,

there has been a similar suggestion/discussion on slack brought up by @kaystrobach, but it’s a good idea to bring it up again over here.

Hi @bwaidelich ,

I’ve created a pull request that contains this feature. https://github.com/neos/flow-development-collection/pull/280

1 Like