Filter menu items on second level

Hi,

using the property filter I can influence which node types should appear in a menu. Is there a way to apply that filter only on the second level?

By default filter is set to

filter = 'TYPO3.Neos:Document'

which is ok for the first level where I want to display all document nodes. On the second level I’d like to show only nodes of a certain type (e.g. Vendor.Site:CustomNode). Is this possible?

I fear you have to define different menu objects for that…

Hi,

The Neos Demo Site is an example for two menu objects. But contrary to that menu I would need the second level on every first level item. Like:

Site
|-Page 1
|-Category A
| |-Page A.1
| |-Subcategory A1
|   |-Page A1.1
| |-Subcategory A1
|-Category B
| |-Subcategory B1

So, I’d like a menu, that shows

On the 1st Level: | Page 1 |      Category  A      | Category B |
                  +--------+-----------------------+------------+
On the 2nd Level:          | SubCat A1 | Subcat A2 | SubCat B1  |

How can I achieve this?

That’s such a specific use case that I guess you should create your own Menu via TypoScript or your own Menu implementation.

The dirty shortcut is probably to go over all sub menu items but use f:if to filter for your specific type item.node.nodetype.name is what you can compare with.

Hi,

do you know a resource which explains the possibilities of TypoScript in depth? I find the manual somehow hard to understand and I don’t know where to begin in order to try to implement this menu.
I don’t want a complete solution for my problem, but I feel like I’m just scratching the surface of TypoScript’s possibilities.