Force page reload on Page Tree rearrangement

I’m working on a onepage website, where the different parts/sections of the page are implemented as Document nodes and, therefore, are organized in the Page Tree. The order of rendering the sections is defined by the order of the sections inside the Page Tree.
However, if a section is rearranged inside the Page Tree, Neos does not emit a page reload and the section order in the content canvas remains the same.
Is there a way to force Neos to reload the whole page if the Page Tree is altered?

Hey Gabriel,

No unfortunately there’s no way of doing that. With the new upcoming UI, something like that might be possible due to things being more extensible/customizable.

Hi Aske,

What a pity.
Is there not even a chance to get notified (e.g. Javascript Event) on a Page Tree rearrangement?

Nope unfortunately, it’s very limited what external events are triggered. It would be easy to add, but currently not the case.

First time I hear this request though.

In the following, the EventDispatcher is used for internal events, but not for external events. But those can be triggered with s.th. like EventDispatcher.triggerExternalEvent('nodeTreeModified', 'The node tree was modified', {action: 'move', node: node});

Could you tell me if there might be a way to implement a “triggerExternalEvent”-like solution for the internal ‘nodeMoved’ event without modifying the Neos.Neos package?

FYI: Here’s the list of JavaScript events dispatched by the Neos backend: http://neos.readthedocs.io/en/stable/ExtendingNeos/InteractionWithTheNeosBackend.html#javascript-events

One thing you could try is to use Flows Signals and Slots mechanism to one of the \Neos\ContentRepository\Domain\Model\Node signals (for example “beforeNodeMove” or “nodePathChanged”) to (re)set some internal flag or even forces a reload via websockets… Just an idea

As said, “No unfortunately there’s no way of doing that. With the new upcoming UI, something like that might be possible due to things being more extensible/customizable.”