(Functional) Test configuration dependencies

Hi all,

I currently have a lot of problems with functional tests because a bunch of them rely on (globally) configured Routes.
I am working on the Fluid integration and so I have a neos dev distribution + viewhelper test package installed and it’s impossible to run all the tests at the same time because some Neos tests depend on the Neos routes being included via Routes.yaml and at least the VH tests rely on the Flow routes to be included via Routes.yaml.

Do we all agree this shoudl be avoided and rather solved by configuring specific routes in the functional test?

Then that would be a topic to refactor for, step by step.

Good point.
I was aware of the VHT to rely on the Flow routes to be loaded and I just have a local installation of Flow with that package.

Do we all agree this shoudl be avoided and rather solved by configuring specific routes in the functional test?

Yes. Related to that I would suggest to go for Routes from Settings.yaml as default from the next major versions.
With this we wouldn’t have the global Routes.yaml any longer and that would make it easier to selectively load routes in tests and other contexts.

Yep, exactly, that would be great.