Images in Rich Text Editor

(Michael Sauer) #1

Hallo,

is it possible to insert images with the rich text editor? I’ve read that you can activate the CKEditor 5 and I did, but also there I can’t find any possibility. Do I have to activate this feature or is it upcoming?

Kind regards
Michael

(Christian Müller) #2

It’s not activated or prepared right now and we don’t really plan to activate this in the near future. Unless we find a way to store this in a structured way.

It isn’t a good idea from a content management perspective. You are just generating a messy blob of HTML by that, which we want to avoid and why we have node types and not just a super powerful editor in which you do everything. If you put everything in the editor you can’t reuse your content/data at all and that’s not he philosophy we are going for with Neos.

(Michael Sauer) #3

Hi Christian, thanks for your answer! I know that this is not a good idea but our marketing is asking for this feature.

(Soren Malling) #4

I think you marketing is asking for a way to put images with the text and have the possibility to position them in different areas. Perhaps from a screen mockup they have seen? If they said “activate image the RTE” they are pretty awesome :smiley:

If my assumption is correct:
I believe this can be achived in the current state of Neos. Create a “Text with image element” and add the image as a property. Make the positions selectable and have css do the rendering :slight_smile:

(Michael Sauer) #5

No they are actually asking to insert images in the RTE. :wink:
We already created many custom node contents and in some of them are RTEs. And in one of them they want to insert images. But I already explained them that this is not possible. :slight_smile: