Menu in Default.html using depth and location settings

Hey,

when you create a menu in the Backend, you are able to set the depth/number of layers and the location/layer/starting point of the menu points.

But I placed my menu in the Default.html which is the template/design of the page. So I use {parts.menu -> f:format.raw()} to render a menu but the menu has not the settings I want it to have. E.g. it only shows one layer. How do I tell it to display all/10 layers?

I’ve read https://neos.readthedocs.io/en/1.2/IntegratorsCookbook/RenderingMenu.html but my own menu was never displayed somehow. I don’t know if it is necessary to create my own menu if I only want to edit the settings?

cheers Adina

Hey @AdinaR,

should be possible to do so without a new Menu Implementation! What does your TypoScript looks like?
The docs already give you an example how to limit the levels that should be rendered:

parts  {

[...]

menu = Menu
   menu.maximumLevels = 10
}

C:\wamp\www\inetneointer\Packages\Sites\inet.inter\Resources\Private\TypoScript\Root.ts2:
/**
* Root TypoScript template for the inet.inter site
*/
page = Page {
head {
stylesheets.site = TYPO3.TypoScript:Template {
templatePath = 'resource://inet.inter/Private/Templates/Page/Default.html’
sectionName = ‘stylesheets’
}

javascripts.site = TYPO3.TypoScript:Template {
            templatePath = 'resource://inet.inter/Private/Templates/Page/Default.html'
            sectionName = 'headScripts'
        }
    }

body {
        sectionName = 'body'
        parts {
            menu = Menu
            menu.entryLevel = 1 /* new line */
            menu.maximumLevels = 10 /* new line */
            breadcrumb = Breadcrumb
        }
        // These are your content areas, you can define as many as you want, just name them and the nodePath.
        content {
            // The default content section
            main = PrimaryContent {
                nodePath = 'main'
            }
        }

javascripts.site = TYPO3.TypoScript:Template {
            sectionName = 'bodyScripts'
        }
    }
}

And in Default.html somehwere: {parts.menu -> f:format.raw()}