Neos 5.0. Login Wallpaper

Hello again photographers in the Neos community!

We are getting near the Neos 5.0 release. And in good traditions we would like to gather some candidates for the new login-wallpaper. The image will be used as login screen, blogpost-banner, homepage keyvisual and other marketing material around the release

Please send your image suggestions. Preferably images you took on your own.

These rules apply for the suggestions and the vote

• We need royalty-free images and the licensing needs to be crystal clear.
  • Please submit a maximum of two pictures. (The first submitted two pictures per user will get into the vote)
  • We like to see the Neos community to vote about the wallpaper. Entitled to vote are all forum users which registered at least 2 months ago and have at least one post in the forum.

The following sentence of the Neos brand guide could help you choose an image:

The Neos imagery style is natural, friendly and a bit blue to match the Neos colors. Images create an authentic, natural impression in contrast to the very technical topic web content management. Artificially illuminated or colored environments do not correspond to this philosophy.

Note: If you want to test your suggestion there is a neos-login-bg-tester from @bwaidelich: http://wwwision.de/neos-bgtester/?img=yourPhotoUrl

The suggestions should be handed in until thursday 2019-08-29. I would like to do the poll at the friday afterwards (29th).

I am really looking forward to your suggestions! Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Here are my submissions, taken this summer in Garciems, Latvia:

1. Garciems Beach
Garciems%20Beach
See in bgtester

2. Garciems Sunset
Garciems%20Sunset
See in bgtester

1 Like

Yay, holiday photos for the win! This year I’ve been in Zarautz, Spain:

3. Zarautz Coast

See in bgtester

4. A hydrangea

See in bgtester

My friend was on a tour through Europe and was so kind to provide us with some of his images:

5. Lake Constance (Bodensee) with Alps

See in bgtester

6. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele Ceiling in Milan

See in bgtester

First time I think I have something to show that might be worth being a Neos background. Teneriffe this year was awesome and I can only recommend visiting!

7. Mount Teide, Teneriffe, Spain

See in bgtester

8. Seaside view Los Cristianos with dolphin, Teneriffe, Spain

See in bgtester

1 Like

I got holiday pictures as well. I hope you like it.

9. Khao Sok Nationalpark - Thailand

See in bgtester

3 Likes

Even though I was unfortunately not at such beautiful places lately I would still like to suggest this photo, which I took myself at a dam in the Cologne area this summer.

10. Lingese dam, NRW, Germany

See in bgtester

This time I didn’t miss the photo-call :slight_smile: Here are my two submissions, which I took myself.

11. Autumn sunrise in Saxon Switzerland

See in bgtester

12. Sunrise Sankt Leonhard, Pitztal in Austria

See in bgtester

7 Likes

Since i think last time my image did not fit the season, i thought about reapplying my image since i also did not make any nice new ones. :see_no_evil:
I hope its ok to apply an image a second time?

13. Sunrays
/ Took the picture myself:

Missed some calls but i was at the Geierlay-Bridge in Germany some month ago.
I dont know if it fits your needs but i love how the droneshot looks in the bg-tester :smiley:

14. Geierlay Drone-Shot

bg-tester-link

15. Geierlay from aside

bg-tester-link

1 Like

As this is the 5.0 release of Neos and this year is also the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, I came up with this idea for a login wallpaper.

The pictures are (obviously) not made by me. They where taken on the Apollo 11 mission in 1969. NASA published them on Flickr under Public Domain Licence.

I cropped them and adjusted the saturation/hue.

16. Earth

Bg-Tester | Original image

17. Earth rise on the moon

BG-Tester | Original image

3 Likes

Hey, here are my two candidates:

We didn’t had a Macro so far and bees should be supported anyways, so … (Credits go to Claudia Lienert):

18. Bee on leafs

BG Tester

Couldn’t resist, I still think the reflection lake makes a great wallpaper, so here it is again:

19. Reflection Lake

BG Tester

4 Likes

I made two pictures in my vacancies in Austria while hiking.

20. The first one is the "Seebensee"

See in bgtester

21. The second one is a small fly agaric

See in bgtester

Thank you all for these beautiful wallpaper candidates!
Now it’s time to vote.
The poll is open on Friday 2019-08-30.

You have a maximum of two votes. As the poll in the forum only allows 20 items, I needed to split the candidates into 2 polls. Please give a maximum of two votes in total.

We like to see the Neos community to vote about the wallpaper. Entitled to vote are all forum users which registered at least 2 months ago and have at least one post in the forum.

• 1 Garciems Beach
  • 2 Garciems Sunset
  • 3 Zarautz Coast
  • 4 A hydrangea
  • 5 Lake Constance (Bodensee) with Alps
  • 6 Galleria Vittorio Emanuele Ceiling in Milan
  • 7 Mount Teide, Teneriffe, Spain
  • 8 Seaside view Los Cristianos with dolphin, Teneriffe, Spain
  • 9 Khao Sok Nationalpark - Thailand
  • 10 Lingese dam, NRW, Germany
  • 11 Autumn sunrise in Saxon Switzerland
  • 12 Sunrise Sankt Leonhard, Pitztal in Austria
  • 13 Sunrays
  • 14 Geierlay Drone-Shot
  • 15 Geierlay from aside
  • 16 Earth
  • 17 Earth rise on the moon
  • 18 Bee on leafs
  • 19 Reflection Lake
0 voters
    • 20 “Seebensee”
    • 21 A small fly agaric
0 voters
2 Likes

Wow, that was clear! Gratulation to @tschoeki - Saxon Switzerland decorates the Neos 5.0 login screen.
Thanks to all the other participants for submitting their pictures!

5 Likes

Well deserved. Awesome photo!

2 Likes

Whoop Whoop! The weather 4:30 in the morning looked way worse. I’m glad I went through it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Might it be an idea to reference these images somewhere for Flow projects as well?
We’re using background images for our login on https://app.passcreator.com/login and I know that Flownative Beach does that as well (https://beach.flownative.com/user/login).
We’d like to use the same images if that’s cool license-wise. Not sure what the Flownative guys think about it but I like the idea of using similar images in Flow-based products :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm like the idea. Flow is the same license and also a neos product. So guess that should be possible.

Will reference this for the 5.1 wallpaper.