Neos 5.0. Login Wallpaper

4. A hydrangea

See in bgtester

My friend was on a tour through Europe and was so kind to provide us with some of his images:

5. Lake Constance (Bodensee) with Alps

See in bgtester

6. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele Ceiling in Milan

See in bgtester

First time I think I have something to show that might be worth being a Neos background. Teneriffe this year was awesome and I can only recommend visiting!

7. Mount Teide, Teneriffe, Spain

See in bgtester

8. Seaside view Los Cristianos with dolphin, Teneriffe, Spain

See in bgtester

1 Like

I got holiday pictures as well. I hope you like it.

9. Khao Sok Nationalpark - Thailand

See in bgtester

3 Likes

Even though I was unfortunately not at such beautiful places lately I would still like to suggest this photo, which I took myself at a dam in the Cologne area this summer.

10. Lingese dam, NRW, Germany

See in bgtester

This time I didn’t miss the photo-call :slight_smile: Here are my two submissions, which I took myself.

11. Autumn sunrise in Saxon Switzerland

See in bgtester

12. Sunrise Sankt Leonhard, Pitztal in Austria

See in bgtester

7 Likes

Since i think last time my image did not fit the season, i thought about reapplying my image since i also did not make any nice new ones. :see_no_evil:
I hope its ok to apply an image a second time?

13. Sunrays
/ Took the picture myself:

Missed some calls but i was at the Geierlay-Bridge in Germany some month ago.
I dont know if it fits your needs but i love how the droneshot looks in the bg-tester :smiley:

14. Geierlay Drone-Shot

bg-tester-link

15. Geierlay from aside

bg-tester-link

1 Like

As this is the 5.0 release of Neos and this year is also the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, I came up with this idea for a login wallpaper.

The pictures are (obviously) not made by me. They where taken on the Apollo 11 mission in 1969. NASA published them on Flickr under Public Domain Licence.

I cropped them and adjusted the saturation/hue.

16. Earth

Bg-Tester | Original image

17. Earth rise on the moon

BG-Tester | Original image

3 Likes

Hey, here are my two candidates:

We didn’t had a Macro so far and bees should be supported anyways, so … (Credits go to Claudia Lienert):

18. Bee on leafs

BG Tester

Couldn’t resist, I still think the reflection lake makes a great wallpaper, so here it is again:

19. Reflection Lake

BG Tester

4 Likes

I made two pictures in my vacancies in Austria while hiking.

20. The first one is the "Seebensee"

See in bgtester

21. The second one is a small fly agaric

See in bgtester

Thank you all for these beautiful wallpaper candidates!
Now it’s time to vote.
The poll is open on Friday 2019-08-30.

You have a maximum of two votes. As the poll in the forum only allows 20 items, I needed to split the candidates into 2 polls. Please give a maximum of two votes in total.

We like to see the Neos community to vote about the wallpaper. Entitled to vote are all forum users which registered at least 2 months ago and have at least one post in the forum.

• 1 Garciems Beach
  • 2 Garciems Sunset
  • 3 Zarautz Coast
  • 4 A hydrangea
  • 5 Lake Constance (Bodensee) with Alps
  • 6 Galleria Vittorio Emanuele Ceiling in Milan
  • 7 Mount Teide, Teneriffe, Spain
  • 8 Seaside view Los Cristianos with dolphin, Teneriffe, Spain
  • 9 Khao Sok Nationalpark - Thailand
  • 10 Lingese dam, NRW, Germany
  • 11 Autumn sunrise in Saxon Switzerland
  • 12 Sunrise Sankt Leonhard, Pitztal in Austria
  • 13 Sunrays
  • 14 Geierlay Drone-Shot
  • 15 Geierlay from aside
  • 16 Earth
  • 17 Earth rise on the moon
  • 18 Bee on leafs
  • 19 Reflection Lake
0 voters
    • 20 “Seebensee”
    • 21 A small fly agaric
0 voters
2 Likes

Wow, that was clear! Gratulation to @tschoeki - Saxon Switzerland decorates the Neos 5.0 login screen.
Thanks to all the other participants for submitting their pictures!

5 Likes

Well deserved. Awesome photo!

2 Likes

Whoop Whoop! The weather 4:30 in the morning looked way worse. I’m glad I went through it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Might it be an idea to reference these images somewhere for Flow projects as well?
We’re using background images for our login on https://app.passcreator.com/login and I know that Flownative Beach does that as well (https://beach.flownative.com/user/login).
We’d like to use the same images if that’s cool license-wise. Not sure what the Flownative guys think about it but I like the idea of using similar images in Flow-based products :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm like the idea. Flow is the same license and also a neos product. So guess that should be possible.

Will reference this for the 5.1 wallpaper.

Just to make it clear, Neos (GPL v3.0) and Flow (MIT) have different licenses.

I wonder where this Image should got to in Flow, as Flow is just a framework and has no login screen built in?

We ask the authors for permission to use the images for neos itself and neos-marketing. Any other use should be discussed with the image author. We have no rule that the images must be creative-commons or similar.

I know but there’s a lot of applications out there using Flow that have a login page and I think it would be cool if the images could be used on these pages as well.
It was just an idea - if it’s too complicated license-wise or simply not something to consider now, it’s fine for me :slight_smile:
But since the images are great that are used in Neos and I know that some other companies use background images for the login pages (in our case inspired by Neos but we’re using images from Pexels) I thought I should ask :slight_smile:

1 Like