Neos CMS 2.x available at AWS Marketplace

Hi Neos community!

I am happy to let you know that a new Neos machine image is available at the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace: Neos CMS 2.x

https://schams.net/neos-on-aws/marketplace/

Technical Details
The virtual server is based on the 64­ bit architecture of Debian GNU/Linux 8.2 (“Jessie”), which is the latest stable distribution of Debian. It comes with Apache 2.4, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.6 and Neos 2.0.0 initially. In addition to the software components, the EC2 image type is a Hardware Virtual Machine (HVM), which means it offers hardware-­assisted virtualization and the server is SSD-­enabled by default for an incredible performance boost.

This ready-to-use Debian GNU/Linux server has Neos CMS installed and pre-configured. The EC2 image is tailored for fast and secure web hosting using 100% open source packages without any license fees. Running the software is offered free of charge, but AWS usage fees may occur (pay-as-you-go on an hourly basis), depending on which instance type you choose.

Yes - It’s in the "Cloud"
Thanks to AWS’ cloud-based infrastructure, servers can be launched around the world, currently: US (east and west), Ireland, Germany, Singapore, Japan, Australia and Brazil.

This new generation of Neos-on-AWS machine images could be a perfect choice if you want to test Neos 2.x for a few hours or if you want to launch a server as a foundation for the development of a new project. It offers full “root” access to the server and unrestricted administrator accounts in Neos.

Your Feedback
Neos CMS version 2.0.0 is the first Neos maschine image that features Debian 8 at the AWS Marketplace and I welcome every feedback (positive as well as negative) in order to improve the server over time as required and to make sure, Neos CMS has a strong, high-quality presence at AWS.

Cheers
Michael

8 Likes

Hey Michael,

really, really great :slight_smile: I like this a lot and keep up the work!

All the best,
Sebastian

1 Like