Neos.flow📦create doesn't work

Hi community !

I cloned neos base distribution. Executed composer install, all as usual is fine.

But I can’t create new package, I always get this error:

Script Neos\Flow\Composer\InstallerScripts::postUpdateAndInstall handling the post-update-cmd event terminated with an exception

In PackageManager.php line 589:

The package with the name "neos/kickstarter" was found more than once, please make sure it exists only once. Paths "Framework/Neos.Kickstarter/" and "Libraries/neos/kickstarter/".  

require [--dev] [--dry-run] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--prefer-install PREFER-INSTALL] [--fixed] [--no-suggest] [--no-progress] [--no-update] [--no-install] [--no-audit] [--audit-format AUDIT-FORMAT] [--update-no-dev] [-w|--update-with-dependencies] [-W|--update-with-all-dependencies] [--with-dependencies] [--with-all-dependencies] [--ignore-platform-req IGNORE-PLATFORM-REQ] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [--sort-packages] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--apcu-autoloader-prefix APCU-AUTOLOADER-PREFIX] [--] [<packages>...]

The installation was not successful.
Composer returned the error code: 1493030262

Type: Neos\Flow\Package\Exception
  Code: 1572187932
  File: Packages/Framework/Neos.Flow/Classes/Package/PackageManager.php
  Line: 385

Open Data/Logs/Exceptions/20221121170657cae8e6.txt for a full stack trace.

Log:

Exception #1572187932 in line 99 of /var/www/neos.test/Data/Temporary/Development/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_Flow_Command_PackageCommandController.php: 
The installation was not successful. Composer returned the error code: 1493030262

11 Neos\Flow\Package\PackageManager::createPackage()
10 Neos\Flow\Command\PackageCommandController_Original::createCommand()
9 Neos\Flow\Cli\CommandController_Original::callCommandMethod()
8 Neos\Flow\Cli\CommandController_Original::processRequest()
7 Neos\Flow\Cli\Dispatcher_Original::dispatch()
6 Neos\Flow\Cli\CommandRequestHandler::Neos\Flow\Cli\{closure}()
5 Closure::__invoke()
4 Neos\Flow\Security\Context_Original::withoutAuthorizationChecks()
3 Neos\Flow\Cli\CommandRequestHandler::handleRequest()
2 Neos\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::run()
1 require("/var/www/neos.test/Packages/Framework/Neos.Flow/Scripts/flow.php")

I tried commands:

./flow neos.flow:package:create

./flow kickstart:site DSDB.Neos neos.test

I have ubuntu os. PHP 8.1.

Please help me fix this error

Hi and sorry for the wait :wink:
I see that you posted the same problem here? Installation crashed (with empty package creation) · Issue #58 · neos/neos-base-distribution (github.com)

Thanks for submitting this i will look into it :wink:

Any updates on this? I get a similar error during installation (for me the neos/flow package was found more than once). The link you provided points to a post with a link pointing back to this page so that’s not very helpful.