Neos Sprint Hamburg, Germany, 21st-25th November 2016

We are planning a sprint in Hamburg, Germany, from 21st-25th November 2016. Sitegeist has offered to host the sprint in their offices - thanks a lot!

##Attendance
If you plan to join the sprint please make sure to fill the doodle:
http://doodle.com/poll/97by54kc4v5qtkft

##Sprint-Location:
Sitegeist Office
Poßmoorweg 2
22301 Hamburg
Germany

##Accommodation:

Please organize your accommodation on your own.

As a suggestion, the following hotels are close to the sprint location:

And another hotel suggestion; not close, but decent trip to the sprint location

##Costs and Sponsoring

• Room costs: sponsored by sitegeist
  • food and drinks: sponsored by sitegeist (thank you @sven_ditz!)
  • sponsoring badge: tbd
7 Likes

Food and drinks will be sponsored by sitegeist.

4 Likes

Nice one, looking forward to it!

FYI: I added this to https://www.neos.io/community/events.html now, please update once there once theres an URL we can link to

I’ve just added the link to this page - best place to start :slight_smile:

Hey team members,

@christianm, @gina and I started to prepare a retrospective for the sprint in Hamburg. There are lot’s of topics on our todo list that we need to discuss and decide. It is also a good opportunity to increase our alignment within the team.

We therefore propose the following:

• 2 days for a retro where the first day is mandatory for the team and the second day is voluntary
  • day 1 (preferably Tuesday) would be dedicated to strengthening our alignment and taking important decisions we need to discuss as a team (see details below)
  • day 2 (preferably Wednesday (which has also been picked by the release team for their work) but could be another day as well) would be dedicated to specific topics which can be tackled in groups and do not need to be worked on by the whole team

Preparation

To be able to become an even stronger team we need to know certain things about each other, learn about our expectations, motivation and contribution motives.

As these are our very personal opinions, we would like everyone to please prepare in electronic form (each of us will only have 2 minutes to read their answers to the group) your answers to the following 4 questions:

1. Why are you a team member? / Why do you want to spend time for the Neos project?
  2. What is it, you want to do as a team member?
  3. What specifically demotivates you?
  4. Would you (have you) regularly spend personal free time for Neos? Also on work you don’t like?

During the retro, you will be asked to read your answers to the group. There will be no discussions or comments, only if something is unclear to aid understanding.

Agenda Retro Day 1

9:00 - 9:30 Welcome
9:30 - 10:15 Everybody presents his/her answers to the 4 personal questions - 2 minutes per team member
10:15 - 10:45 Fishbowl about topic 1: What should the Neos project provide to you? (infrastructure, funds, emotional satisfaction, energy…)
10:45 - 11:00 Summarize topic 1
11:00 - 11:30 Fishbowl about topic 2: What should we spend time on as a team/project? (development, kitchen duties, operations/administration, marketing…)
11:30 - 11:45 Summarize topic 2
11:45 - 12:15 Fishbowl about topic 3: Challenge we face: spend personal free time vs. work you don’t like to do (but that must be done)
12:15 - 12:30 Summarize topic 3

12:30 - 13:30 Lunch

13:30 - 14:00 Introduction of suggestion of "How to vote"
14:00 - 14:30 Decision "How to vote"
14:30 - 15:30 Fishbowl-Discussion about kitchen duties
15:30 - 15:45 Summarize Fishbowl-Discussion about kitchen duties

15:45 - 16:15 Coffee

16:15 - 17:15 Fishbowl-Discussion about quality assurance
17:15 - 17:30 Summarize Fishbowl-Discussion about quality assurance
17:30 - 18:30 Brainstorming about True North

18:30 Dinner

Agenda Retro Day 2

Here is room to discuss topics we didn’t cover in previous retros or new topics that are important to the team. We will prioritize the topics and decide on a suitable method to work on them together.

Thoughts?

Let us know your remarks, questions, thoughts and comments :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For reasons not really under my control I’ll be sprinting remotely on Monday and Thursday, so Tuesday for the first day would be spot-on.

Christopher and me would join for one day, so based on this proposal that would have to be Tuesday. However for Christopher that’s one day after a very big launch and we have to find a way how this works with Bjarne if both of us are in Hamburg. Next to that I have to find out whether I will get that day free. So for us it would be very important to know, whether it will be the Tuesday in any case.