Hey team members,
@christianm, @gina and I started to prepare a retrospective for the sprint in Hamburg. There are lot’s of topics on our todo list that we need to discuss and decide. It is also a good opportunity to increase our alignment within the team.
We therefore propose the following:
- 2 days for a retro where the first day is mandatory for the team and the second day is voluntary
- day 1 (preferably Tuesday) would be dedicated to strengthening our alignment and taking important decisions we need to discuss as a team (see details below)
- day 2 (preferably Wednesday (which has also been picked by the release team for their work) but could be another day as well) would be dedicated to specific topics which can be tackled in groups and do not need to be worked on by the whole team
To be able to become an even stronger team we need to know certain things about each other, learn about our expectations, motivation and contribution motives.
As these are our very personal opinions, we would like everyone to please prepare in electronic form (each of us will only have 2 minutes to read their answers to the group) your answers to the following 4 questions:
- Why are you a team member? / Why do you want to spend time for the Neos project?
- What is it, you want to do as a team member?
- What specifically demotivates you?
- Would you (have you) regularly spend personal free time for Neos? Also on work you don’t like?
During the retro, you will be asked to read your answers to the group. There will be no discussions or comments, only if something is unclear to aid understanding.
Agenda Retro Day 1
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome
9:30 - 10:15 Everybody presents his/her answers to the 4 personal questions - 2 minutes per team member
10:15 - 10:45 Fishbowl about topic 1: What should the Neos project provide to you? (infrastructure, funds, emotional satisfaction, energy…)
10:45 - 11:00 Summarize topic 1
11:00 - 11:30 Fishbowl about topic 2: What should we spend time on as a team/project? (development, kitchen duties, operations/administration, marketing…)
11:30 - 11:45 Summarize topic 2
11:45 - 12:15 Fishbowl about topic 3: Challenge we face: spend personal free time vs. work you don’t like to do (but that must be done)
12:15 - 12:30 Summarize topic 3
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:00 Introduction of suggestion of "How to vote"
14:00 - 14:30 Decision "How to vote"
14:30 - 15:30 Fishbowl-Discussion about kitchen duties
15:30 - 15:45 Summarize Fishbowl-Discussion about kitchen duties
15:45 - 16:15 Coffee
16:15 - 17:15 Fishbowl-Discussion about quality assurance
17:15 - 17:30 Summarize Fishbowl-Discussion about quality assurance
17:30 - 18:30 Brainstorming about True North
Agenda Retro Day 2
Here is room to discuss topics we didn’t cover in previous retros or new topics that are important to the team. We will prioritize the topics and decide on a suitable method to work on them together.
Let us know your remarks, questions, thoughts and comments