Neos Sprint Lucerne, 18th-22th March 2019

Hello everyone

visol will host a Neos Sprint from 18th to 22th (or 24th - extension possible) March 2019 in our office in Kriens-Lucerne, Switzerland.

Topic

The main topic for this sprint would be Neos UI, but focus on other areas is also totally welcome.

Attendance

You do not need any prior Neos knowledge to join the sprint.

If you plan to join the sprint, please make sure to add your details to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HkYX7DbwyE-XD66UwKSlkrWIckxL4fpxX1pQT4Uzl-E/edit#gid=0 so we can create a nice working environment.

Sprint location

visol digitale Dienstleistungen GmbH
Sonnenbühlweg 3
6010 Kriens

The office is 10 minutes away from Lucerne train station by public transportation (Bus 1 to Kriens-Obernau until Kupferhammer).

We have different spaces inside the office location, so discussions or work in smaller groups can be done.

Accommodation

To be organized individually. Please contact me (@lorenzulrich) if you need help finding accomodation.

Peter Rauber (@drillsgt) kindly offers his apartment for up to 4 people to sleep during the sprint, including commuting to the Sprint location. Please get in touch with him if you like to stay with him.

Lunch and drinks

visol will organize drinks and brainfood.

We have a fully equipped kitchen at our office which we can use and there’s a Pizza/Pasta take-away right next to the office. We gladly organize some Fondue or Raclette dinner if any cheese lovers (such as us) are present.

Activities

There’s a lot of possibilities for outdoor and cultural activities. Please get in touch on Slack if you want to spend some time exploring Lucerne or Central Switzerland and we’ll see what we’ll come up with :-).

We’re looking forward to welcoming you in Lucerne!

1 Like

Hello everyone

In 10 days the first Neos Sprint in Switzerland will start. We’re looking forward to welcoming you! Please sign up for the Sprint until Monday, 11th March if you haven’t done already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HkYX7DbwyE-XD66UwKSlkrWIckxL4fpxX1pQT4Uzl-E/edit#gid=0. Please also review your information if you signed up before and update it if needed.

Activities

Besides discussing, planning and coding, we could also show you around in Lucerne a bit. Tell us if you’re interested and what activities you’re interested in and we’ll come up with some suggestions.

Topics

There is no fixed topic for the Sprint, but based on the Neos team members participating (Dmitri Pisarev, Sebastian Helzle, Markus Günther), the Neos UI and SEO would be natural topics.

Personal background/goals

As you know, you don’t need any prior Neos knowledge to join the Sprint. Nevertheless, we’d be glad to know if you have any coding/contributing knowledge already and also if you contributed to Neos before. This helps us to do some planning.

I start with myself:

[x] Local web development environment on notebook?
[x] Knowledge of the contribution workflow for Neos/Neos UI
[x] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before (but tiny fixes only)
[x] Did contribute to the Neos UI before (dito, but before TypeScript migration :wink:)
[x] React knowledge (not too much, but still)
… feel free to add and answer more “questions”

Topics I would like to discuss/work on during the Sprint or Meetup:

• User experience for handling many assets in Media Management
  • Neos Form Builder
    • Edit mail content in e-mail finisher
    • Conditions

[ ] Knowledge of the contribution workflow for Neos/Neos UI
[ ] Did contribute to the Neos UI before
[ ] React knowledge (not too much, but still)

My suggestion to all sprint participants: get your dev environment up and running BEFORE the sprint starts and maybe even try to choose the topic you’d want to be working on, and already start looking into it. It can easily eat up half of the sprint just to get started, and then there’s not much time for sprinting left…

If you don’t know what to do, you can always help to fix bugs, there are all sorts of them available :wink:

In any case, I’d be available for any kind of help getting started with the UI work, so don’t despair if you don’t feel right at home in the UI land :slight_smile:

Good idea to collect some information about the participants. So I will also write some lines. I have a strong TYPO3 background and probably the most know me just because they met me on a TYPO3 related event. I started with TYPO3 in 2008 and after some years I made the step from the TYPO3 consumer to a contributor and also joined the Extbase team in 2012.

So I am also one of the good old TYPO3 guys who now uses Neos. I used Neos first in version alpha somehow to create a agency Website for my employer and stopped using Neos after the community Split. In November 2017 I luckily joined my first Neos Sprint in Vienna with nearly no up to date Neos knowledge and only React-Native experience in my backpack and started contributing to the React-UI. Thanks to Dmitri and Johannes for the on boarding :wink:

And since then I try to join all the sprints and help out.

[x] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before
[x] Did contribute to the Neos UI before
[x] React/Native knowledge

I only know the train station of Lucern because I switched there the train to visit the T3DD in 2012 Sursee :smiley:

[x] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before (only small fixes)
[ ] React knowledge

• Getting started with Neos-UI/React development
  • Neos UX-Improvements (ideas from our team)
  • Bugfixes (Neos & Neos-UI)

[x] Did contribute to the Neos UI before (dito)
[x] React knowledge (not too much, but still)

Hello everyone

I updated the planning spreadsheet with some useful information:

There is also a WhatsApp group that we can use for spontaneous planning communication:

[ ] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before
[ ] React knowledge

• Getting started with contributing for Neos/Neos-UI
  • discuss ckeditor5 creating Plugins
  • work on EelHelper for Number / Csrf
  • Getting started with Neos-UI/React development

[x] Knowledge of the contribution workflow for Neos
[x] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before (just ONLY one very small bugfix in Media package)
[ ] React knowledge

• as I was engaged end of 2018 in a sprint to improve the docs, I would continue to work on this topic
  • because I lack routine in pure coding, - it does make sense to me to concentrate on this complementary topic
  • advantage of doing those “docs tasks” during a sprint lies in the fact, that one (=me in this case) keeps working on it with a certain discipline :wink:
1 Like

[ ] Knowledge of the contribution workflow for Neos/Neos UI
[ ] Did contribute to Neos/Flow before
[ ] React knowledge