Policy.yaml | abstained permission is granted

Hi,
it seems like I am having trouble understanding policies. An EditNode-permission is granted when the security:showeffectivepolicy-command states that it should be abstained. Denying the privilegeTarget works as expected.

This is my policy.yaml

privilegeTargets:

'Neos\ContentRepository\Security\Authorization\Privilege\Node\EditNodePrivilege':
    'Qweb.AdmTool:Edit.M05PersonIntro':
      matcher: 'nodeIsOfType("Qweb.AdmTool:Content.M05PersonIntroTeaser")'

roles:
  'Neos.Neos:Editor': #Administrator inherits from editor
    privileges:
      - privilegeTarget: 'Qweb.AdmTool:Edit.M05PersonIntro'
        permission: GRANT

# why is the following needed? 
#  'Qweb.AdmTool:SalesPeople': 
#    privileges:
#      - privilegeTarget: 'Qweb.AdmTool:Edit.M05PersonIntro'
#        permission: DENY

Neos consideres the permisson ABSTAINed, just as I expect it.

./flow security:showeffectivepolicy --roles=Qweb.AdmTool:SalesPeople
Please specify the required argument "privilegeType": method
Effective Permissions for the roles Qweb.AdmTool:SalesPeople, Neos.Neos:AbstractEditor, Neos.ContentRepository:Administrator, Neos.ContentRepository:InternalWorkspaceAccess, Neos.Flow:
AuthenticatedUser, Neos.Flow:Everybody 
Qweb.AdmTool:Edit.M05PersonIntro                                       ABSTAIN

BUT: I can edit the text property of the Node when I log in with SalesPeople role. Why? Is there some other privilegetarget that overrides the EditNodePrivilege (eg Neos.Neos:Backend.EditContent, wich is granted)?

What would be the proper way to implement this?

Hello Runa,

if sales people are editors via parentRole (which is likely because they logged in to neos and edited a node) then the privilege is granted because of the inherited role.

I expect you will find some Policy.yaml configuration like this or a even more indirect:

roles:
 'Qweb.AdmTool:SalesPeople':
     parentRoles: ['Neos.Neos:Editor']

This is also the reason why the second privilege is needed. Access is only granted if at least one grant and no deny is given.

Hi Martin,

thank you for your response.
It appears that the reason is a dynamically generated policy, wich adds privileges after the general policy is applied, wich also explains that the permission is granted although the flow command lists it as abstained :slight_smile: