As a community, we have been utilizing meetup.com to organize and promote our events. However, it has come to our attention that the cost of utilizing the platform may not be cost-effective for our needs. Additionally, the NEOS community already has the neos.social address, which is sponsored by flownative. With this in mind, we propose the adoption of an existing open-source event platform that utilizes the neos.social address.
- Utilize the neos.social address to create a new subdomain specifically for events, such as events.neos.social or meetup.neos.social.
- Adopt an existing open-source event platform, such as the one provided by instances.joinmobilizon.org, which can provide a decentralized and open-source platform for organizing and promoting events within the community.
- Engage with the community to gather feedback and feature requests to ensure the platform is tailored to meet the needs of our members.
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the new platform compared to meetup.com, and make necessary adjustments to ensure financial sustainability.
- Reduced costs associated with event promotion and organization
- Increased engagement within the community due to a platform tailored to meet the needs of our members
- Greater control and ownership over data and user experience
I believe that the adoption of an existing open-source event platform utilizing the neos.social address will provide a more cost-effective and community-focused solution for organizing and promoting events within the NEOS community. By utilizing existing technology and services, we can provide a decentralized and open-source platform that is tailored to meet the needs of our members.
Please let me know if there’s anything I miss