Proposal for Utilizing an Existing Open-Source Event Platform for the NEOS Community

Introduction:

As a community, we have been utilizing meetup.com to organize and promote our events. However, it has come to our attention that the cost of utilizing the platform may not be cost-effective for our needs. Additionally, the NEOS community already has the neos.social address, which is sponsored by flownative. With this in mind, we propose the adoption of an existing open-source event platform that utilizes the neos.social address.

Proposal:

• Utilize the neos.social address to create a new subdomain specifically for events, such as events.neos.social or meetup.neos.social.
  • Adopt an existing open-source event platform, such as the one provided by instances.joinmobilizon.org, which can provide a decentralized and open-source platform for organizing and promoting events within the community.
  • Engage with the community to gather feedback and feature requests to ensure the platform is tailored to meet the needs of our members.
  • Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the new platform compared to meetup.com, and make necessary adjustments to ensure financial sustainability.

Expected outcomes:

• Reduced costs associated with event promotion and organization
  • Increased engagement within the community due to a platform tailored to meet the needs of our members
  • Greater control and ownership over data and user experience

I believe that the adoption of an existing open-source event platform utilizing the neos.social address will provide a more cost-effective and community-focused solution for organizing and promoting events within the NEOS community. By utilizing existing technology and services, we can provide a decentralized and open-source platform that is tailored to meet the needs of our members.

Please let me know if there’s anything I miss :wink:

3 Likes

Marketing aspect:

Of which importance is the currently available visibility of Neos events to people, who are also (meetup) event platform members, but don’t yet know what Neos is and find out about it via promotion on the platform?
These may be users of other CMS and Frameworks and people with related interests, who get Neos events shown as part of their suggested events.