Cross-references for the neos-documentation
The documenation should make use of cross-referencing whereever possible. Those cross-references should prefer to link into the autogenereated reference-section of the docs. Other parts can and shall be linked whereever it makes sense.
Reference labels are placed generally before each headline but at least at the beginning of every rst-file.
The name of the reference label is determined from the path to the element in the docs and the referenced title and subtitle.
- The different Levels of the Structure are seperated by a “-” Character.
- Each Level of the Structure is represented as an UpperCamelCase word.
- SpecialChars in reference labels are omitted so reference labels do’nt have to be quoted.
- A long title may be shortened in rare cases.
- If part of the Structure is a repetition of the Container-Title it is omitted.
This would results in a structure of the reference-labels like this:
# Getting Started .. _GettingStarted: # Technical Principles .. _TechnicalPrinciples: # User Guide .. _UserGuide: # Creating a Site with Neos .. _CreatingASite: # Extending Neos .. _ExtendingNeos: # Inside Neos .. _InsideNeos: # References .. _References: # EelHelper Reference .. _References-EelHelper: # TypoScript Reference .. _References-TypoScript: # ViewHelper Reference .. _References-ViewHelper: # Media ViewHelpers .. _References-ViewHelper-Media: # Fluid ViewHelpers .. _References-ViewHelper-Fluid: # For ViewHelper .. _References-ViewHelper-Fluid-For: # Alias ViewHelper .. _References-ViewHelper-Fluid-Alias: # How Tos .. _HowTos: # Neos Operations .. _NeosOperations: # Appendixes .. _Appendixes: