Since the whole cookie consent thing becomes more and more an even more serious topic server side tracking becomes more interesting. I’m not an expert on the current law etc. so if somebody knows more please give your input.
I created an issue https://github.com/Flowpack/neos-matomo/issues/37 and linked the official Matomo PHP Library.
The following questions arise for me at the moment:
- What can be done GDPR safe, and what cannot be done without consent?
- How to filter requests relevant for tracking and irrelevant ones?
- What is the influence on response times when executing the tracking during request processing (as http component f.e.)?
- What data do we need as a minimum to generate any usable tracking data?
- How to ignore crawlers, bots, etc. (or will Matomo take care of that when we supply the necessary information)?
And the most important question:
Who would like to help with the implementation?