RFC: travel budget proposal for Salzburg'18 sprint

Dear team!

I want to attend the Salzburg sprint, but I need some help getting there, as usual.

I’ll be focusing on the TypeScript integration, together with the rest of the UI team, which would hopefully help to increase the project quality and stability. I’ll arrive to Vienna on Wednesday of the previous week and will deliver the talk about our UI rewrite effort at ViennaJS meetup, which should hopefully attract some developer attention to our project.

The non-profit company where I work will sponsor my working time, but unfortunately they can not sponsor the travel or accommodation expenses, and in my current financial situation I can not easily pay these expenses from my personal budget.

The plain tickets cost €157. Train tickets from Vienna to Salzburg would cost another €20 each way.
I looked for Couchsurfing opportunities, but also as the place is quite far from the centre, I couldn’t find anything, so I had to book AirBnb. AirBnb for the full duration of the sprint cost me another €99.
So it makes €296 for me altogether.

Also my friend Yuri Zaveryukha, a volunteer at our organization (and a SAP integrator at his daytime job), whom you already know from the Dusseldorf sprint, also wants to come again. He wants to take care of this and other PHP-related issues https://github.com/neos/neos-development-collection/issues/1988.
He’ll be joining on his vacation time and asks to cover just his plain tickets (€157).

So all together for the two of us it would make 296+157 = €453.
Hope our presence will be useful at the sprint and we’d also manage to have some fun together along the way :slight_smile:

Yours,
Dmitri and Yuri

11 Likes