The workspaces feature is quite nice but is a problem that workspaces are either private (for personal use) ur internal (for all editors).
While permissions in general is a very complicated topic the following extension could help to make workspaces much more useful for projects with multiple roles.
- Add a role selection to each workspace
- For private workspaces the selected roles grant access in addition to the workspace owner
- For internal workspaces the roles limit the list of roles that may access the workspace (if no role is selected Neos.Neos:AbstractEditor is assumed)
- Does this make sense?
- Should there be a distinction between read and write access (basically two role selections per workspace)
- Should this replace the concept of internal workspaces entirely as those might be just workspaces that have granted access to the “Neos.Neos:AbstractEditor” group.