Simple Form Tutorial from Scratch

Hey,

for some time now i have been trying to get a simple form to work. Sadly without result :frowning:
I find the documentation very irritating and cannot find a tutorial which explains the integration of a simple and basic from scratch (Something like this but more actual). In the forum I found nothing which helped me.
Some key-questions I could not find an answer:
Which configuration do I need to add in the Settings.yml?
What e-mail-sending-configuration i have to set up in my ubuntu?
How should the yml-file for my form-nodeType look like?
How should my fusion-file look like?

I tried to build a form with the form-builder-package. After submitting the form I got following error-message:

An exception was thrown while Neos tried to render your page

Expected response code 220 but got an empty response

I would be very glad if someone could help me :slight_smile:

Thanks and a many greetings!
Damian

Hi @damianthepichler

I’m still learning NEOS by myself alongside my regular work as developer, because I really like the concept of it. So my advice is maybe not ideal.

But I would take a look here: https://github.com/neos/form-builder

This should or could help you to create a simple form.

Your questions maybe to basic so nobody could really help you with your problems. Normally the members of this forum are very involved and answering fast. So you should work out something and ask for particular elements, which are furthermore not clear.

I know the whole thing (NEOS with its component) is partially hard to learn. Even if you have years of experience with other systems. So keep going.

Which configuration do I need to add in the Settings.yml?
Can you be more precise, for what? The docs cover the topic of building a form with Yaml

https://flow-form-framework.readthedocs.io/en/stable/configuring-form-yaml.html

Is that what you are after?

What e-mail-sending-configuration i have to set up in my ubuntu?

That depends on your setup. If you use services like Mailgun or similar there is settings for that to configure with the SwiftMailer package

Expected response code 220 but got an empty response

This error comes from the SwiftMailer trying to send the email.

How should the yml-file for my form-nodeType look like?

The nodetypes should already be defined form the package.

How should my fusion-file look like?

Are you using the Fusion Form Renderer or what Fusion configuration are you using?

Thanx for your responses!

@DrPowers Yes for beginners it’s quite difficult and frustrating.

I already use the form-builder. I’ve managed to build a form.
While testing, after submitting the form I get following response-message:
Exception in line 360 of /var/www/html/my-project/Packages/Libraries/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php: Expected response code 220 but got an empty response.
My configuration in the development/settings.yml looks like this:

I’ve installed the form extension now by myself and just testing around with your configuration (without session setting).

Your error message is another. But just to be sure: Are you installed also
composer require neos/swiftmailer ?

This way I ran into my first error on sending images via Mail.

Yes composer require neos/swiftmailer is installed -> using version ^7.2
in the backend i used the “Email Finisher” with this configuration:

damo.laessig@gmail.com is my private email-address

Do you have sendmail proper installed on your system and is it allowed to send mail, so SwiftMailer can get a non-empty response?

Seems more likely a sendmail server setup issue (which totally depend on your infrastructure, network, etc) because all your form setup looks right

@sorenmalling seems to be right. Then this should be a mailer issue of your local VM.

Looking around you will find a lot of hints for your local mailer configuration.

Something like this:

What helped me… changing sendmail parameters from -bs to -t.

'sendmail' => '/your/sendmail/path -t',

It seems that you have to try out this (and other) stuff if it’s not a NEOS issue.