[SOLVED] Upgrade to Neos 5.0: No Fusion object found in path

Just updated my NEOS 4.2 installation to NEOS 5.0 (I am on my way to version 5.1) and facing an issue I cant’ solve :frowning:

I already added a matching fusion prototype to my NodeTypes like
old prototype(IDS.Responsive:CarouselContainer)
new prototype(IDS.Responsive:CarouselContainer) < prototype(Neos.Neos:ContentComponent)

Now I am getting error messages “No Fusion object found in path” like

Exception #1332493990 in line 448 of /Data/Temporary/Development/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_Fusion_Core_Runtime.php: No Fusion object found in path "root<Neos.Fusion:Case>/documentType<Neos.Fusion:Matcher>/element<Neos.NodeTypes:Page>/body<Neos.Fusion:Template>/content/buehne<Neos.Neos:ContentCollection>/content<Neos.Neos:ContentCollectionRenderer>/itemRenderer<Neos.Neos:ContentCase>/default<Neos.Fusion:Matcher>/element<IDS.Responsive:CarouselContainer>/renderer"
                                        Please make sure to define one in your Fusion configuration.

Adding a afx_renderer to my prototype is solving the issue but due to the size of the project I depend on the existing (legacy?) fluid templates in /Resources/Private/Templates/NodeTypes/name.html

I think NEOS cant’t find the templates or I have to tell NEOS to use the legacy templates at all or sth. completely different is going on. Was not able to find anything in the doc or in the upgrade guide 4.3 to 5.0.

Any hints?

Thank you
Gökhan

Hi,

If you still want to use Fluid templates you should either not use ContentComponent or define its render as Neos.Fusion:Template and provide a templatePath.

2 Likes

Thank you!
Works a lot better now with Neos.Neos:Content and a given templatePath.

1 Like

But in Germany we say “da habt ihr uns aber ein ganz schönes Ei gelegt” :grin:

Now you have to define all the properties of the element in the fusion file that are later used in the template - which was not necessary before because of some auto-generating magic :exploding_head:

But if this is all the work to be able to upgrade to 5.X - I’m still happy…

You could turn on the old behaviour but I recommend not to do it.
Having to write all the properties in Fusion makes it much easier to understand what’s going on in the long run :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right - I won’t.

When everything works again I’ll try to migrate to the new afx renderer.
Less files, much better overview.

Thank you!