Statistic tools - NEOS Website

Wich statistic tools to use? Or wich do you already use?

1. Google webmaster tools
  2. Google Analytics
  3. Buffer Analytics
  4. Mixpanel?

There are nice integrations of Google Analytics and Piwik:

I use the first one regulary and it it is real nice way to let the editors see what works and what not. The only problem is to get the needed api-access-keys and verification (more a google problem) but it is worth the hassle.

Regards, Martin

would speak anything against to implement Google Webmaster Tools aswell?
do you also use scroll tracking for google analytics?

would speak anything against to implement Google Webmaster Tools aswell?

Nothing, but what would be the benefit for the editor-work. And i have no idea wether the webmaster-tools have an api we could use.

do you also use scroll tracking for google analytics?

No. That would mean visualizing the success of every content on a document and not only the whole document i assume. Is that correct?

Integrating custom tracking is really easy. A specific and deep neos-integration makes sense if makes tracking-data available to editors that would otherwise have problems finding it.

Ahh … sorry now i got that you are talking about neos.io. I thought this was generic question about tracking.

correct. I talk about the website for neos.io

regarding webmaster tools vs. analytics, i found this very good comprehensive overview:
http://www.careerbless.com/web/website/general/topic1.php

regarding piwik i found this heatmap plugin. As I’m not such a super deep technical person i can’t overview if the plugin contains any technical or security relevant obstacles. Has anybody experience with this plugin?
https://piwik.org/docs/heatmaps/

Now i found the tim to look into neos.io. The page uses the Neos.Googleanalytics Package and the standard tracking code that comes with that. There are no special configurations involved.

Currently the backchannel that shows those data immediately in the neos-backend needs a fresh authentication. I asked in the #guild-website slack-channel who can fix that. That channel would also be a good starting point to coordinate your efforts with the team.

Regards, Martin