The installation was not successful, Composer returned the error code: 1

Hi,

I have tried to install Neos and creating my own empty, dummy site during the Setup wizard.
I have followed this doc page here using the Docker setup: https://docs.neos.io/cms/installation-development-setup/docker-and-docker-compose-setup

On step 4 “Create new Site” I have filled out the two textfields “Package Name (in form “Vendor.DomainCom”)” and “Site Name (e.g. “domain.com”)”.

After clicking Next I receive following error:

# The installation was not successful.

Composer returned the error code: 1

|Exception Code|1572187932|
| --- | --- |
|Exception Type|Neos\Flow\Package\Exception|
|Log Reference|20200801010804ea6a00|
|Thrown in File|Packages/Framework/Neos.Flow/Classes/Package/PackageManager.php|
|Line|408|

Neos\Flow\Package\PackageManager::createPackage("MyCompany.DemoSite", array|7|)

Data/Temporary/Development/SubContextDocker/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_SiteKickstarter_Service_GeneratorService.php
Original File: Packages/Application/Neos.SiteKickstarter/Classes/Service/GeneratorService.php

00045:     {
00046:         $this->packageManager->createPackage($packageKey, [
00047:             'type' => 'neos-site',
00048:             "require" => [
00049:                 "neos/neos" => "*",

Somehow the composer execution fails, but I don’t know why. Does anybody have an idea why this fails?

What would be the proper way to setup Neos with a blank, empty, dummy site?

Thanks for help!

Can you share the stack trace from your exception log (Log/Exceptions/20200801010804ea6a00.txt)?

Hello Bastian,

at first glance, on a fresh Debian 10 system (apache 2.4.38, php 7.3, mariadb 10.3.23, …), my neos-installation fails with the same exception. The directory /srv/www/de.example/neos-test/ is owned by www-data.www-data (including all sub-dirs, replaced real domain-name with example.de in the following output):

Exception #1572187932 in line 47 of /srv/www/de.example/neos-test/Data/Temporary/Development/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_SiteKickstarter_Service_GeneratorService.php: The installation was not successful. Composer returned the error code: 1

26 Neos\Flow\Package\PackageManager::createPackage("Example.England", array|7|)
25 Neos\SiteKickstarter\Service\GeneratorService_Original::generateSitePackage("Example.England", "neos-test.example.de")
24 Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\SiteImportStep_Original::importSite(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
23 Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\SiteImportStep_Original::Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\{closure}(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
22 Neos\Form\Finishers\ClosureFinisher_Original::executeInternal()
21 Neos\Form\Core\Model\AbstractFinisher::execute(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
20 Neos\Form\Core\Runtime\FormRuntime_Original::invokeFinishers()
19 Neos\Form\Core\Runtime\FormRuntime_Original::render()
18 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController_Original::indexAction(3)
17 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::indexAction(3)
16 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
15 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
14 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
13 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
12 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
11 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::indexAction(3)
10 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::callActionMethod()
9 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
8 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::initiateDispatchLoop(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
7 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::dispatch(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
6 Neos\Flow\ObjectManagement\DependencyInjection\DependencyProxy::__call("dispatch", array|2|)
5 Neos\Flow\Mvc\DispatchComponent_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
4 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
3 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
2 Neos\Setup\Core\RequestHandler::handleRequest()
1 Neos\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::run()

HTTP REQUEST:
neos-test.example.deMozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8en-US,en;q=0.5gzip, deflate, brhttps://neos-test.example.de/setup/index?step=3multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------4991644452115711014669190913391keep-aliveNeos_Session=ZOrXN0UxgawzOclObR2xytz8ckwihzqT1

HTTP RESPONSE:

PHP PROCESS:
Inode: 388780
PID: 22437
UID: 33
GID: 33
User: www-data

Installation is made with
composer create-project neos/neos-base-distribution neos-test

And file permissions are set as root with
./flow core:setfilepermissions www-data www-data www-data

greetings,
Christoph

Hello again,

it seems to be a Problem with the graphical setup.

following the explanations in the post How to install Neos with own Site Package and on https://punkt.de/de/blog/neos-workshop/neos-workshop-teil-2-ein-eigenes-sitepackage-fuer-neos-bauen.html I got a working, “empty”/rudimentary site-package.

1 Like

@christoph.muehlmann thanks for your hints.

@bwaidelich here my log, I’ve restarted the setup, therefore some other log reference number:

Exception #1572187932 in line 47 of /app/Data/Temporary/Development/SubContextDocker/Cache/Code/Flow_Object_Classes/Neos_SiteKickstarter_Service_GeneratorService.php: The installation was not successful. Composer returned the error code: 1

26 Neos\Flow\Package\PackageManager::createPackage("MyDemo.Site", array|7|)
25 Neos\SiteKickstarter\Service\GeneratorService_Original::generateSitePackage("MyDemo.Site", "mydemo.org")
24 Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\SiteImportStep_Original::importSite(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
23 Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\SiteImportStep_Original::Neos\Neos\Setup\Step\{closure}(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
22 Neos\Form\Finishers\ClosureFinisher_Original::executeInternal()
21 Neos\Form\Core\Model\AbstractFinisher::execute(Neos\Form\Core\Model\FinisherContext)
20 Neos\Form\Core\Runtime\FormRuntime_Original::invokeFinishers()
19 Neos\Form\Core\Runtime\FormRuntime_Original::render()
18 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController_Original::indexAction(3)
17 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::indexAction(3)
16 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::Flow_Aop_Proxy_invokeJoinPoint(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
15 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
14 Neos\Flow\Security\Aspect\PolicyEnforcementAspect_Original::enforcePolicy(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
13 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AroundAdvice::invoke(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
12 Neos\Flow\Aop\Advice\AdviceChain::proceed(Neos\Flow\Aop\JoinPoint)
11 Neos\Setup\Controller\SetupController::indexAction(3)
10 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::callActionMethod()
9 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Controller\ActionController_Original::processRequest(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
8 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::initiateDispatchLoop(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
7 Neos\Flow\Mvc\Dispatcher_Original::dispatch(Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionRequest, Neos\Flow\Mvc\ActionResponse)
6 Neos\Flow\ObjectManagement\DependencyInjection\DependencyProxy::__call("dispatch", array|2|)
5 Neos\Flow\Mvc\DispatchComponent_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
4 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
3 Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentChain_Original::handle(Neos\Flow\Http\Component\ComponentContext)
2 Neos\Setup\Core\RequestHandler::handleRequest()
1 Neos\Flow\Core\Bootstrap::run()

HTTP REQUEST:
localhost:8081Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8en-US,en;q=0.5gzip, deflatemultipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------232793152973146430719119419181353http://localhost:8081keep-alivehttp://localhost:8081/setup/index?step=3Neos_Session=qTpC2FGnP1iKgcB7JebfcnG48GtUPTnS1

HTTP RESPONSE:

PHP PROCESS:
Inode: 4328559
PID: 21
UID: 0
GID: 0
User: root

I have checked the Github issues page, but haven’t found any issue yet. Maybe it makes sense to file one. What do you think @bwaidelich? Could you reproduce it also?

Also the Setup Tool is a bit confusing. It tells me that I have the following options:
Import a Site or Create a empty/dummy Site. But I don’t have any possibility to really select the option I would like. My assumption is, that, if the textfields in the section “Create new site package with a dummy site” for Package Name and Site Name are not empty, it won’t import the Site above but rather create a new empty/dummy site.

Do I understand it correctly?

I could imagine that it would improve the understanding if the user can clearly define/select the option, either “Import a site” or “Create a new site package with dummy site”.