What would be a new feature everybody wants in Neos?

If you would have one or more feature wishes for free that somebody would develop in Neos, what would that be?
Please feel free to dream!

Can´ t wait to here your wishes.

My feature wish would be Drag-And-Drop of Content Elements on the page, as this would also follow the concept of WYSIWYG and I think for editors it would be more intuitive as well, in comparison to use the content element tree.

3 Likes

Yes indeed that would be a nice feature! Thx for your answer!

What

I would like to see database dependency being separated from the Neos Flow framework and have them turned into libraries similar to the many neos-* libraries created lately.

Why

Being able to start a project with only the needed components and environment (server) installed software

Feature: Add or remove multiple assets from tag(s).
Why: Sometimes you need to add new files to multiple tags. This currently is really time consuming.

1 Like

Feature: A more advanced Media Module (With Access-Management, better User Experience when having lots of Tags and Collections (e.g. Suggest Search and Tag Trees maybe) and Meta-Data)
Why: Because that is one of the last few last reasons to prefer an other CMS (maybe TYPO3) over Neos

I know, i am allowed only one but the next one comes from a collegue of mine :slight_smile:

Feature: List View in Backend
Why: Because sometimes it just makes a lot more sense to edit stuff in a searchable, sortable list

What exactly do you mean by this? What differences to the “Raw content” edit mode do you need?

Inline-Editing of images with Drag & Drop feature.
I think it would be really cool, if you could just drag and drop an image anywhere in your content and it get’s wrapped in an image element automatically and then be able to edit it (cropping).
Also the mentioned drag & drop feature for nodes on the page would be awesome as well.

Another one that would be great: sub-collections for assets. Just to be able to create a folder-like structure. Our experience is that people just think in folders because they’re heavily used to it so it might make sense to allow that in Neos as well.

On the top of my personal TODO list. Will try to tackle it at the autumn sprint (unless somebody wants to sponsor it before of course :grinning:)

3 Likes

I think @wbehncke has been working on it, right?

I think this would be possible with deeper integration of CKeditor5. It has a custom data model behind editing, and we could map image nodetypes into it, or even map each paragraph/headline to a separate nodetype.
But this would require a lot of thought to get it right.

1 Like

A table-like list where as a editor i am able to decide that properties i want to show. Add and hide properties in this list to get a besser overview. Have a simple Search or filter to find my rentry fast. Decide which field to sort by. Basically everything the TYPO3 List module provides. The raw edit mode is a really basic way to handle this in a very very basic way without alle the features i mentioned. This new list module could even list domain objects. This way you could even use Neos as an admin interface for flow projects where you do not really need to edit content but handle a lot of domain objects.

1 Like

Sure, but it would make it a lot easier for editors I think :slight_smile:
(I’m currently hammering React into my head since we need it anyway. Maybe I can join that part more actively later this year :wink: )

From an developer point of view I would like to be abled to write the html-part of my custom backend modules also in pure fusion rather than using fluid. Therefore the existing modules (media, user, sites …) should be rewriten in pure fusion. The main part will be having all the form viewhelper parts transfered into fusion.

2 Likes