[Workaround found] Neos installation/setup problematic (on Uberspace)

There is a (not working) tutorial recommended by uberspace.de : www flowrocks.de/posts/2014/06/18/typo3-neos-in-einem-uberspace-installieren..html
also in one thread in here it says
Hosters (SharedHostings) supporting running Neos
I can not confirm this at all. At the moment, following the tutorial does not bring neos up. Following the standard-installation procedure has been unsuccessfully tried so often, another variant has also been tried.
Following the tutorial you don’t even get to the /setup . A modification of Settings.yaml helps (phpBinaryPathAndFilename) to get into setup.
Next problem occuring is in step 4 when “TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org” as a site package is selected. It will get to step 5 in the setup (“You have successfully installed Neos”), but the frontend homepage shows an error where it says to fix it with “flow node:repair --node-type TYPO3.Neos.DemoTypo3org:Homepage”, which is running correctly. Now the Frontend homepage shows when visited, except the content (text) missing ( adrianschwarzer.de/fileadmin/user_upload/randomfilez/NeosDemoSiteContentMissing.png ). The Backend is refreshing all the time, not being able to load images, rendered unusable. Here a Screenshot showing the errors in webkit-console and the backend not loading the image preview at the right bottom( GET bla.bla.de/neos/content/image-with-metadata?image=32082be9-1874-4353-9055-c926ba578560 404 (Not Found) ) : ( adrianschwarzer.de/fileadmin/user_upload/randomfilez/NeosDemoSiteBackendBuggy.png )

Anyone ever seen this and knows how to get it fixed? Thanks for helping in advance!
Additional Information: php 5.6 (as visible in settings.yaml) , CentOS release 6.7

Also if you want to see it, my (php) error_log: pastebin.com/ygeWt5ve
My Settings.yaml: astebin.com/vCnMuQde#
as you can see i also set subRequestPhpIniPathAndFilename , so here my php.ini : pastebin.com/DxEC4GNF
Probably too much but there are some critical errors in System_Development.log: ( adrianschwarzer.de/fileadmin/user_upload/randomfilez/System_Development.log.txt )

P.S.: I am really sorry but I can’t link normally here because it says “Sorry, new users can only put 2 links in a post.” despite me just trying to make an informal well structured post here. So i had to remove all http://

Hi,

first, I am running Neos 2.1 (upgraded from 2.0) on Uberspace and it works fine without having to specify phpBinaryPathAndFilename or subRequestPhpIniPathAndFilename. As far as I can say, the constantly refreshing backend results from resources not being published in the right way or at all. Maybe you can try to resolve the issues by re-importing the Neos demo site package via

./flow site:import --package-key=TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org

and or ./flow resource:publish

1 Like

Hi Matthias, thanks for taking the time.
I executed

, flushed the cashes, published the resources, but the problem remained.

Now I just made a fresh installation via composer. When I don’t specify phpBinaryPathAndFilename, it loads for a minute or so and I get
An internal server error occurred. Please try again later.”.
In the error_log it simultaneously writes

[Mon Dec 28 14:22:11 2015] [warn] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 600 seconds
[Mon Dec 28 14:22:11 2015] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: php-fcgi-starter

Only when I specify it the phpbinary in Settings.yaml, I very quickly (as it should be) get to the setup-screen by calling /setup.

Do you maybe still have instructions on how you set up Neos on Uberspace the first time? Might be that I am overlooking a way on how to get it working without specifying the settings.yaml .

I thought with phpBinaryPathAndFilename: '/package/host/localhost/php-5.6/bin/php' set, I at least can get through the setup, specifying database specific information and manually execute ./flow site:import --package-key=TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org. I did that, the command “Terminated”, but looking at the frontend and backend, I arrived at the exact same problematic situation. Executing ./flow resource:publish, didn’t change anything.

I believe it might have something to do with the fact that I have to specify php, and there is a way where I don’t have to specify it and then the rest also works.

Other than that I don’t have any clue what to do about the situation. I’ve been tailwatching the logs and googling everything suspective without a solution (for a week now).

Hi again,

while trying to figure out what is different with my Neos installation, I discovered that I couldn’t enter the setup anymore (while the frontend and backend was still running) and I found the same warning and error message in the error_log. I asked the support if they can see from their logs what the issue is but it was not the case. But: The guy from the support restarted the Apache on the server and the issue disappeared! So maybe you can ask them to restart the Apache on your server as well.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for holding on here with me!
He (the guy) just wrote me an E-Mail, saying exactly what you said, that apache was restarted and the setup works now. And that another user had exactly the same problem :wink:
It seems like Neos is now able to determine the php Path and writes a Settings.yaml on its own into Configuration/.

That’s already good, but I just followed the setup past Step 4 (“Create a Site”, in url setup/index?step=3#) resulting in a “500 Internal Server Error”. The log says:

[Tue Dec 29 08:50:30 2015] [warn] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: http://jesus.adrianschwarzer.de/setup/index?step=3
[Tue Dec 29 08:50:30 2015] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: php-fcgi-starter, referer: http://jesus.adrianschwarzer.de/setup/index?step=3

Looking into the Backend and Frontend, even tough I hadn’t to manually write the Settings.yaml, I arrived at the same problematic situation: Backend constantly reloading as described and (something I didn’t see before) each reload triggers two new Exception being logged to Data/Logs/Exceptions, so FIY only (i only show the first lines, the rest is the same for both Exceptions (except for an array index later on)):

`201512290905554b0f85.txt` 
Exception #1389352984: No content collection of type TYPO3.Neos:ContentCollection could be found in the current node (/sites/neosdemotypo3org) or at the path "main". You might want to adjust your node type configuration and create the missing child node through the "flow node:repair --node-type TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org:Homepage" command.
59 TYPO3\Neos\TypoScript\Helper\NodeHelper_Original::nearestContentCollection(TYPO3\TYPO3CR\Domain\Model\Node, "main")

`20151229090555099106.txt`
Exception #1389352984: No content collection of type TYPO3.Neos:ContentCollection could be found in the current node (/sites/neosdemotypo3org) or at the path "teaser". You might want to adjust your node type configuration and create the missing child node through the "flow node:repair --node-type TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org:Homepage" command.
59 TYPO3\Neos\TypoScript\Helper\NodeHelper_Original::nearestContentCollection(TYPO3\TYPO3CR\Domain\Model\Node, "teaser")

But thats already after actual error. No Exceptions are being thrown inside the time window of the “500 Internal Server Error”. Actually, nothing critical seems to appear inside the Neos-Logs. Only INFO-messages about Auth-Tokens in Security_Development.log, some DEBUG-messages about not removed files and successfully imported ones in System_Development.log (nothing at all in System.log for the current day). See for yourself

`Security_Development.log` : 
15-12-29 08:48:30 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Successfully re-authenticated tokens for account ""
15-12-29 08:49:28 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\PasswordToken for provider Typo3SetupProvider. Status: authentication successful
15-12-29 08:49:28 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Typo3BackendProvider. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:28 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Flowpack.Neos.FrontendLogin:Frontend. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:28 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Successfully re-authenticated tokens for account ""
15-12-29 08:49:43 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\PasswordToken for provider Typo3SetupProvider. Status: authentication successful
15-12-29 08:49:43 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Typo3BackendProvider. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:43 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Flowpack.Neos.FrontendLogin:Frontend. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:43 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Successfully re-authenticated tokens for account ""
15-12-29 08:49:46 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\PasswordToken for provider Typo3SetupProvider. Status: authentication successful
15-12-29 08:49:46 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Typo3BackendProvider. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:46 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Flowpack.Neos.FrontendLogin:Frontend. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:46 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Successfully re-authenticated tokens for account ""
15-12-29 08:49:57 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\PasswordToken for provider Typo3SetupProvider. Status: authentication successful
15-12-29 08:49:57 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Typo3BackendProvider. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:57 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\UsernamePassword for provider Flowpack.Neos.FrontendLogin:Frontend. Status: no credentials given
15-12-29 08:49:57 3646       xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Successfully re-authenticated tokens for account ""
15-12-29 09:04:29 16168      xx.xxx.xxx.xxx INFO      Flow                 Session FK0vYdwC7aw79prZQbZkUhPGShWpdsvP contains auth token TYPO3\Flow\Security\Authentication\Token\PasswordToken for provider Typo3SetupProvider. Status: authentication successful
`System_Development.log:`
5-12-29 08:50:23 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Not removing storage data of resource alice-1.jpg (30d0d71c6e7e4dd53636a8b9a5d5c8fd9b73f10f) because it is still in use by 1 other Resource object(s).
15-12-29 08:50:23 3646       DEBUG     Media                ImageVariant: refresh() called, clearing all thumbnails. Filename: alice-1.jpg. Resource SHA1: 30d0d71c6e7e4dd53636a8b9a5d5c8fd9b73f10f
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Successfully imported file "/var/www/virtual/adriani/jesus/Neos/neos-base-distribution/Data/Temporary/Development/ProcessedImage-56823b3fed2ae.jpg" into the resource collection "persistent" (storage: defaultPersistentResourcesStorage, a TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Collection. SHA1: 85e0003c52f7af90a29278edb964815f93e07797)
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Successfully imported file "resource://TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Private/Content/Resources/0641ce611d5171161c853f70ff1ae0f33dd4dc24" into the resource collection "persistent" (storage: defaultPersistentResourcesStorage, a TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Collection. SHA1: 0641ce611d5171161c853f70ff1ae0f33dd4dc24)
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Successfully imported file "Resource id #3151" into the resource collection "persistent" (storage: defaultPersistentResourcesStorage, a TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Collection. SHA1: 0641ce611d5171161c853f70ff1ae0f33dd4dc24)
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Not removing storage data of resource alice-2.jpg (0641ce611d5171161c853f70ff1ae0f33dd4dc24) because it is still in use by 1 other Resource object(s).
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Media                ImageVariant: refresh() called, clearing all thumbnails. Filename: alice-2.jpg. Resource SHA1: 0641ce611d5171161c853f70ff1ae0f33dd4dc24
15-12-29 08:50:24 3646       DEBUG     Flow                 Successfully imported file "/var/www/virtual/adriani/jesus/Neos/neos-base-distribution/Data/Temporary/Development/ProcessedImage-56823b40a8062.jpg" into the resource collection "persistent" (storage: defaultPersistentResourcesStorage, a TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Collection. SHA1: 0a92ff95a3b5b6a22ca055fdefca51c4ac1f1a7b)
15-12-29 09:03:40 14596      DEBUG     Flow                 Successfully imported file "resource://TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org/Private/Content/Resources/6764994e36c070857e767ca440edc73c8f344e7d" into the resource collection "persistent" (storage: defaultPersistentResourcesStorage, a TYPO3\Flow\Resource\Collection. SHA1: 6764994e36c070857e767ca440edc73c8f344e7d)

Now I tried with./flow site:import --package-key=TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org, and ./flow resource:publish without success. I don’t think that I didn’t try these two commands hard enough and the problem has to do with what is written in error_log, so I will write back to the guy from Uberspace now.
I’ll let you know what happens next

I just finished writing him, while writing I discovered a workaround/solution (I wouldn’t call it the solution).

Don’t use imagick but gd, the deciding part of Settings.yaml that solved all bugs for now:

TYPO3:
  Imagine:
    driver: Gd

instead of driver: Imagick

Because in the Setup, in the Step 4, you can tick an option “Delete existing sites”. Regardless if its ticked or not, if I pressed next, an error occured:

'Exception while executing setup step'
Error: During the import of the "Sites.xml" from the package "TYPO3.NeosDemoTypo3Org" an exception occurred: Error: During import an exception occurred: "Exception while property mapping for target type "TYPO3\Media\Domain\Model\ImageVariant", at property path "": Entity was not found.". 

which led me (via websearch) to a Neos Bugtracker-Ticket where the word “Imagick” was written, so I gave it a try and did not use Imagick as recommended by Neos but changed the config to gd in Settings.yaml as shown above.

I wanna make this post as short as it is, the solution for me would have been to get it running with imagick (or not run into problems with imagick in the first place somehow), but as I think that now I can do “everything” for, I gladly accept this kind of solution.
For later, I would like to configure it to get it running with Imagick (or Gmagick i don’t mind). The guy from Uberspace may have an answer to that (he’ll write me back and we’ll see). Else, if it currently is somehow too hard to make a fresh installation of Neos with Imagick on Uberspace, I will write that to the guy who made the tutorial for Neos on Uberspace and also write a tutorial myself. If it is only a small imagick-regarding config or so, I’ll try to get the author to extend the tutorial.

Best regards and greets

Hi,

I think it is highly likely that you can’t import the demo site package because doing so exceeds Uberspace’s memory limit and the process is terminated.

On running ./flow site:import, are you sure the command did go through successfully? When I did that it quit after a minute or so with Terminated.

I had about the same problems you had:

• setup cant load assets
  • site cant load assets
  • backend keeps refreshing

all these were fixed by removing the half-complete import of the demo site with ./flow site:prune and going through the setup again but this time not importing a demo site but creating my own barebones dummy.

You can also create a site package via the CLI with ./flow kickstart:site and then you’d probably import that with ./flow site:import. However I’m not sure what parametes you wuld have to specify for the latter command. While messing around I created the site dummy via the CLI and imported it via the setup GUI.

I also created an own thread about that, see there for details.

Regards,
Ben