Flow Framework without database requirements
Reference: Could we build a version of Flow without doctrine orm / database requirement
You can’t start a Flow project, without having a database due to core entities such as
In the reference post I’ve collected research in the issue and pointed out the issues along with comments from core members that are giving more insigt into the issue.
Expected results: A (minimal) instance of Flow where you can develop a application with no need for local database.
- Introduce AccountInterface
- Move security into own package
- Move routing into own package and introduce a simple routing handler that doesnt require persisting
- Move into own package and introduce a resource management that can handle files locally with no need for persisting into a database
- Finally, move the whole persistence part into a own package incl. migrations
- Backward compatibility
Skill: PHP, Database migrations knowledge
Knowledge required: hard
A word about the task
This task is indeed a hard task and requries quiet some research, test and core knowledge. One important thing, and was discussed with @christianm in Slack, is that each
milestone in the list, can be a task itself. That can make it easier to split up in smaller chunk and perhaps between more developers