Hosters (SharedHostings) supporting running Neos

Hi there

I just want to report that Neos 2.2 runs on a shared hosting account on hostpoint.ch.
You will need the “Smart Server”-Package for SSH-access.

The CLI is very slow and there is no “sudo”,“chown”, “chmod” available, but that seems to doesn’t matter, everything works fine cli-commands are slow but they work fine.

Me woekflow was to develop local and push it finally on the live server, i would only recommend that for small Projects and Websites, but i am happy to see Neos 2.2 running on a swiss shared hosting.

for any questions, feel free to write at "me@florianfasel.ch".

Kind regards and cheers
Flo

Sounds good!

Hi Flo
Same experience two weeks ago. Direct installation failed but installing from a running Linux installation was possible. Also very slow. PHP 7 was not possible. And the provider will not support the gmagick module for the next time. http://neos.bergi-it-consulting.ch.

Regards Peter

Do you know if there is an opcache installed? I have the feeling that there is none and that will make a huge difference. Should be default these days.

Hi Peter
Which Package did you buy?
PHP7 works fine for me, but i have the same speed issue, did you already ask for opcache like @christianm told?
Deploying seemsto be really hard if you don’t want to develop on the live server :confounded:

Regeards
Flo

Hi Flo
I have the package with SSH access. The middle one.
Now I switched to PHP7 and enabled in .user.ini the opcache with “opcache.enable =1” with a very fruitful effect. My Neos is now fast!
Regards Peter

1 Like

1und1 Unlimited Pro works!

cd /homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/
curl -s https://getcomposer.org/installer | php5.5-cli
php5.5-cli /homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/composer.phar self-update
php5.5-cli /homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/composer.phar create-project --no-dev neos/neos-base-distribution Neos
php5.5-cli /homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/Neos/flow server:run
php5.5-cli /homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/composer.phar --no-dev --working-dir=/homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/Neos update “*”

Absolut paths are not mandatory.

Modify “/homepages/38/dxxxxxxxx/htdocs/Website/Neos/Configuration/Settings.yaml”:

TYPO3:
  Flow:
    core:
      phpBinaryPathAndFilename: /usr/bin/php5.5-cli

Regards T.B.

1 Like

Hi Peter
Can you give me some more information how you activated the opcache?
Where is the user.ini located? Did you just insert the “opcache.enable =1” and that’s all?

Thanks for your help!

Regards Flo

Hi Flo
I have on top of the filetree of a hostpoint.ch webspace a file called .user.ini in which there ist the follwing content:

[PHP]
max_execution_time = 240
max_input_vars = 1500
upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64Ma
opcache.enable = 1

[MySQL]
mysql.default_host = blah_blah

Hope it will help!

Cheers, Peter

The shared hosting solutions on www.edis.at fully support Neos (also with OpCache if you want).

But there is some configuration necessary I’m willing to share if someone is interested.

Hi @gerhard_boden,
do you use NEOS with some search-solution on edis shared hosting?
This is a crucial point for me.
Or Do you know if SQL-Lite is running in share-hosting?
(Informations on Website are little limited.)

Does someone know «Hosting»/«managed vServer» for Neos with Search-Solution?

At least:

• NEOS search enabling: SQLite Server or Elastic Search
  • NEOS able access : SSH
  • NEOS & Composer friendly script-times: > 200s
  • SSL with payable price Let’s encrypt or similar
  • Agency friendly solution for more clients on one vServer or -AgencyHostPackage
  • Reasonable prices

Nice to have:

• NEOS 1Click install with newest version/ 1KlickUpdate-Upgrade
  • professional Support-Staff

##Found:

• Mittwald:
  • NEOS search enabling: SQLite Server or Elastic Search :x: :x: No SQLite installed, nor installable Elastic Search only in test-environment
  • NEOS able access : SSH => Yes :white_check_mark:
  • NEOS & Composer friendly script-times: > 200s :white_check_mark:
  • SSL with payable price Let’s encrypt or similar => only own proprietary solution: external possible but more expensive then proprietary solution. Support-Information: Not before 2018 Mittwald will have a solution with Let’s encrypt or similar :x:
  • Agency friendly solution for more clients on one vServer or -AgencyHostPackage: Agentur-Box and Agentur-vServer :white_check_mark:
  • NEOS 1Click install with newest version/ 1KlickUpdate-Upgrade: :white_check_mark:
  • Reasonable prices : :white_check_mark:
  • professional Support-Staff: :white_check_mark:

__

• DomainFactory:
  • NEOS search enabling: SQLite Server or Elastic Search => :white_check_mark: SQLite installed, no Elastic Search :scales: (SQLite is enough for medium websites)
  • SSL with payable price Let’s encrypt or similar => Let’s encrypt not possible, external certificates possible :scales:
  • NEOS able access : SSH => Yes :white_check_mark:
  • NEOS & Composer friendly script-times: > 200s :white_check_mark:
  • Agency friendly solution for more clients on one vServer or -AgencyHostPackage: Reseller Hosting :white_check_mark:
  • NEOS 1Click install with newest version/ 1KlickUpdate-Upgrade: :x: (old version only with SSH udate/upgrade)
  • Reasonable prices : :white_check_mark:
  • professional Support-Staff: :scales: (semiProfessional I guess)

__

• 1und1 Unlimited Pro
    (working: maybe details will follow from @sualko)

@mad:
Yes, you can use SimpleSearch (with SQL Lite) on Edis shared hosts. It does not scale as perfect as Elastic Search, but for mid-sized websites it gets the job done.

great, thanks

###Does anyone know (has experience with) other hosting providers or vServer suppliers, those are good for search solutions with Neos?
(with SQLite, ElasticSearch or other usable Applications)

Hey @mad,

maybe you give https://hosting.punkt.de/de/server-and-beiwerk.html a try (there is a free month). The product was designed for neos hosting, so also elasticsearch is included. Whats is missing from your feature list is a one-click install / upgrade.

@reflexxion Can you update the list above, so that 1und1 Unlimited Pro is listed on the working side?

Hey,

nope, I can’t edit this thread anymore :frowning:

Try now

Yep, that did work. Thanks!

HostEurope - Webserver Basic works fine.
At the moment, there isn’t MySQL v5.7 supported.
So I can run Neos 3 completely on HE or Neos 4 on HE with external DB.

2 Likes

Today, I installed Neos 4.1 with Demo Package on Netcup Webhosting 2000 and it runs. I had to set the phpBinaryPathAndFilename: and I had to set {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/}var{/}lib{/}php5{/}sessions for open_basedir.

2 Likes