Related to https://discuss.neos.io/t/design-system-for-the-neos-products/2783
Based on our user feedbacks the current navigation between the backend modules and the navigation tree can be confusing.
- The hamburger icon hide some elements
- Navigate, open/close the navigate component, so it's not really a navigation link (and does not use the same visual language, than the open/close for the Inspector)
- Edit / Preview is not really a navigation, but a contextual feature, depends on the Content View context
With the new UI, the tree can be replace my more specific navigation dashboard. So the tree is just an option. This can improve the user experience a lots, but can make the navigation between the dashboard, backend module, ... even more confusing.
This area needs a lots of user testing and experiment to make it right. I try to merge both concept (backend module, and navigation dashboard, actions, ...) in the same UI.
- No more hamburger icon
- The name of the selected backend module, dashboard, can be visible when the navigation is closed.
- The navigation offers some advanced features (filter, run the last navigation action again, user bookmarks, ...)
- Support navigation action grouping (like the current backend module navigation).
- The blue border help the user focus on the content of the navigation and define a clear area for interactions (this can be applied to all the Dropdown in the interface).