Continuing the discussion from Neos Sprint September 2015 – Frankfurt:
Gina presented this (see 20150921 17.40 Neos Team Structure.pdf) agile team concept to us during the first day of the sprint. Tobias Gruber summarized the current status (in our internal Slack channel) and how we got there because we wanted to vote on it (if we will adopt it):
- We started by brainstorming problems that we currently have in the Neos team (image 1+2).
- We then brainstormed tasks/activities we are currently doing (image 6+7) which translate more or less into departments in legacy companies.
- Gina then started to develop the agile team structure (image 8 ), consisting of the "community cloud”, cross-functional teams (max 12 members - image 5) with 2 specific roles (Syncronizers and Prioritizers - image 10), communities of practice (COP - image 9), the council of elders (image 3).
- We then thought about pros and cons of the agile model compared to the current situation (image 4).
- The last thing we did was to translate our current problems into things we need to take care of (image 11+12).
With that we formed 3 groups (image 13) working on a) the description and guidelines for the Syncronizers and Prioritizers, b) the decision guidelines and the description and guidelines for the COPs and c) the description and guidelines for the community of elders and how the task force for the transition should be formed and what it should do.
Recommended viewing by Gina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcS04BI2sbk